Adding fax component to XP

gw

When I try to add the fax services component to my
windows XP setup, it asks me for a cd I don't have
(SP1). XP SP1 is installed on my computer, and I have
tried to direct the installation to the files on the hard
drive, but it comes back and reports that it can not find
file "fxsapi.dll"

Does the fax services component add real fax capability
to the computer (like Win Fax Pro)???

Where do I go from here??

Thanks in advance.....

"GW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I try to add the fax services component to my
>windows XP setup, it asks me for a cd I don't have
>(SP1). XP SP1 is installed on my computer, and I have
>tried to direct the installation to the files on the hard
>drive, but it comes back and reports that it can not find
>file "fxsapi.dll"

If you got Windows with your computer, ask the manufacturer of the
hardware. They may have removed Fax from their Windows versions.

--
(tm)