Adding front panel HD audio for headphones

chizzler

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Hello,

I want to add a simple HD front panel headphone jack to my computer. Front panel audio jacks are common for cases, but not mine! Where can I find front panel audio jacks to connect to my front panel audio connector on my P5B deluxe Wifi?

I really just want to be able to have a line out to an external (stereo) amp, and be able to listen on my headphones without swapping plugs on the back and adjusting the volume every time I want to switch (on a side note is there an affordable sound card that has a separate line-out and headphone jacks). There is an option with SoundMAX drivers to have headphones through the front panel AND have speakers out the back, IF only I had a front panel.

Thanks for any help!

chizzler

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
That would definitely be a simpler solution - the thing is though, the headphones would stay on when using the speakers, and I may want to adjust the stereo line out levels without affecting the headphones output - Maybe there's a simple switch that can be found, or I could invest in some headphone with a mute switch...then again I would also like to use the headphones elsewhere (with my mp3 player) and thus the reason for a front audio jack.

I think I'll go with the splitter setup if I can't find a front panel audio jack.

Thanks

chizzler

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2006
Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for - Odd that my searches on newegg did not bring this product up.

Much appreciated.