Adding Hardrives to Dimension 8400

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

Adding Hardrives to Dimension 8400
Since the 8400 has 4 SATA ports on the motherboard,
is it possible to add more than 2 SATA hardrives
operating independently, NOT in a RAID setup?

"rick" <rtw@rtwe.com> wrote in message
> Adding Hardrives to Dimension 8400
> Since the 8400 has 4 SATA ports on the motherboard,
> is it possible to add more than 2 SATA hardrives
> operating independently, NOT in a RAID setup?

I've thought about doing this but in my 8400 there are only two appropriate
power leads from the PSU.

I presume, though, that you can get some sort of convertor?

"Noel Wester" wrote:
> "rick" wrote:
>> Adding Hardrives to Dimension 8400
>> Since the 8400 has 4 SATA ports on the motherboard,
>> is it possible to add more than 2 SATA hardrives
>> operating independently, NOT in a RAID setup?
>
> I've thought about doing this but in my 8400 there are only
> two appropriate power leads from the PSU.
>
> I presume, though, that you can get some sort of convertor?

Enter "sata power adapter" in Google's Advanced Search, and
you'll get a ton of links. Here's just one:
http://www.usb-ware.com/sata-power-adapter-splitter.htm

*TimDaniels*

TRENDING THREADS