Question Adding more drive bays...

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
I have a Tecware Nexus M and it has already 2 HDDs and 1 SSD... I'm planning to add 1 or 2 more HDDs and 1 SSD... Any chance I can add more to it? I don't want to use external parts I want them all inside the case. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
You can add additional 2.5" drive and that's it since Nexus M case supports only 2x 2.5" and 2x 3.5" drives. There are no more drive mounting locations in that case,
case specs: https://www.tecware.co/nexus

Well, you can rest the extra 2x drives on the PSU shroud but:
  1. it doesn't look good
  2. since drives are loose, they can cause additional vibrating noises
  3. with loose drives, be very careful when moving the PC

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
You can add additional 2.5" drive and that's it since Nexus M case supports only 2x 2.5" and 2x 3.5" drives. There are no more drive mounting locations in that case,
case specs: https://www.tecware.co/nexus

Well, you can rest the extra 2x drives on the PSU shroud but:
  1. it doesn't look good
  2. since drives are loose, they can cause additional vibrating noises
  3. with loose drives, be very careful when moving the PC
I asked their support and they gave me an advice that I can tape extra SSDs... Damn. Looks like I'll do what I can with an additional HDD then. Might use a combination of strong tape and wires or something to keep em in place.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
What you have, are basically 3x choices:
  1. Jerry-rig the additional drives somehow inside your PC case.
  2. Replace the PC case with the one that has more drive bays.
  3. Or get bigger drives to replace the existing ones rather than adding to them. Explanation below;
For example, if you currently have e.g 500GB SSD + 2x 1TB HDDs; buy 1TB SSD and 4TB HDD. With that, you'll gain double the space while freeing up one 3.5" drive slot, keeping only 1TB SSD and 4TB HDD in the system. Also, if you need to have several drives in the OS (e.g C: D: E: F: etc), just split the one big HDD into smaller partitions. E.g you can split the 4TB drive into 4x 1TB partitions. OS still sees your drives as separate drives while in reality, they all are one drive.

TRENDING THREADS