Adding new hard drive

moor.mour

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hello I have a pc that has windows7 installed on its hdd and now I want to add an ssd that has windows 10 but keep the hdd files without deleting anything can I just keep the hdd as a second drive without loading system from it but keep using all of its files?? Thanks a lot

Solution
You don't need to repeat the same thing, we got it.
The issue here is that you are moving a disk from a system configured with different hardware.
When you move the drive to another system, when booting the OS is loading drivers and settings for the system where it was originally installed.
That could create BSOD, black screen, freezes and hangs.
You could move the disk and see what happens, but I suggest you backup your files first.
Are the two system similar in confirmation. If the are not, then I suggest you save your files and perform a clean installation.
You could try it an see how it turns out.
Also, depending on the type of Windows 10 license, you might need to get a new one.
Could you provide more details about the two systems?

moor.mour

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Its one system mate am just adding an ssd to it and I want the windows to be booted from the ssd ofc while still using my original hdd as a secondry drive but without the need to delete the files I have on it

moor.mour

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
The thing is the ssd will have windows 10 and the hdd already has windows7 on it can iput them both together and use the ssd's win10 as system and ignore the system on the hdd and using the hdd as secondry hard drive without the need to format it

You don't need to repeat the same thing, we got it.
The issue here is that you are moving a disk from a system configured with different hardware.
When you move the drive to another system, when booting the OS is loading drivers and settings for the system where it was originally installed.
That could create BSOD, black screen, freezes and hangs.
You could move the disk and see what happens, but I suggest you backup your files first.

Solution