[SOLVED] Adding new SSD as second drive

Apr 14, 2020
Hello. I want to have my new SSD as a second drive. I have an HDD as first. So I installed the SSD to my motherboard. Then went to my bios to Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities to make sure my system boots to my HDD as the primary, but it only give me the option for the SSD. Thank you

Solution
HP SSD EX900 M.2 500GB
OK.
Being an M.2 drive, it almost certainly disables one or more ports on your motherboard.
Resulting in not seeing your current HDD C drive.

You'll have to look in the specs for your particular board to see which if any SATA III ports are disabled.
The fix is probably as simple as moving the data cable for the HDD to a different SATA port on the motherboard.

USAFRet

Titan
HP SSD EX900 M.2 500GB
OK.
Being an M.2 drive, it almost certainly disables one or more ports on your motherboard.

You'll have to look in the specs for your particular board to see which if any SATA III ports are disabled.
The fix is probably as simple as moving the data cable for the HDD to a different SATA port on the motherboard.

Solution
Apr 14, 2020
OK.

That was it! Thank you so much for your help.