dawnkeehot

Commendable
Mar 17, 2018
CPU : Intel core i5-2400 @ 3.1 GHz
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43 (MS-7758)
8 GB Ram DDR3
600W power supply (https://www.najevtino.mk/images/m/17/698873_91.jpg)

I want to add NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti to this setup, but i can't install the driver properly, i get message error code 43 (windows reports some error cant really remember the message) and rightclick -> properties it says PCI Bus 1, device 0, function 0. Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix?

Last edited:
Solution
Hey there,

So, the first thing I'd do is update your mobo with the latest bios. Your mobo is quite old, and although it has a UEFI/Legacy switch, that GPU just may not work with the older Bios type.

You can look in the bios, and see if it's set to UEFI, if not, change that parameter, and save and exit and try again.

After updating the bios make sure to do a CMOS clear, so the bios takes properly then try again.

If after all that, it still doesn't work, chances are it won't. You need an oldeer gen card. Something like a GTX960/970 or previous gen. Same with The AMD RX line. They often don't work like the GTX10xx series on older boards with lack of UEFI support.
Hey there,

So, the first thing I'd do is update your mobo with the latest bios. Your mobo is quite old, and although it has a UEFI/Legacy switch, that GPU just may not work with the older Bios type.

You can look in the bios, and see if it's set to UEFI, if not, change that parameter, and save and exit and try again.

After updating the bios make sure to do a CMOS clear, so the bios takes properly then try again.

If after all that, it still doesn't work, chances are it won't. You need an oldeer gen card. Something like a GTX960/970 or previous gen. Same with The AMD RX line. They often don't work like the GTX10xx series on older boards with lack of UEFI support.

Solution