[SOLVED] Adding second GPU to ASRock 450B Pro4

May 30, 2021
Currently I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 (8Gb) on a ASRock B450M Pro4 motherboard with AMD Ryzen 5 2600x and 550W power-supply.

Need to know the best way to add another Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 (8Gb) if it is applicable with the current setup and if I need to upgrade any hardware (or maybe use riser extender cable or NVLink Bridge).

Solution
2- Yes a single Nvidia 1070 use 150W max, so 300w will be booked for both gpu and 250W hopefully enough for the system to run normally.

1- Now I'm mining Ethereum on Minerstat but I may switch to ADA soon.

If you want to be serious about mining, I would suggest getting a beefier psu and more gpu cards

But like someone said, and I would like to add this, crypto mining are starting to get banned across the world. Two countries have done it for various reasons

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
The GTX don't use NVLink but use SLI link instead

Riser cables are only for putting into the PCIe slot and it is for installing the GPU card in a different way that the usual vertical way of directly putting them into the motherboard

USAFRet

Titan
Currently I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 (8Gb) on a ASRock B450M Pro4 motherboard with AMD Ryzen 5 2600x and 550W power-supply.

Need to know the best way to add another Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 (8Gb) if it is applicable with the current setup and if I need to upgrade any hardware (or maybe use riser extender cable or NVLink Bridge).
  1. For what purpose?
  2. What specific PSU?

May 30, 2021
The GTX don't use NVLink but use SLI link instead

Riser cables are only for putting into the PCIe slot and it is for installing the GPU card in a different way that the usual vertical way of directly putting them into the motherboard
Thanks for the remark, so as a start Riser cables are good choice.

May 30, 2021
2- Yes a single Nvidia 1070 use 150W max, so 300w will be booked for both gpu and 250W hopefully enough for the system to run normally.

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020

If you want to be serious about mining, I would suggest getting a beefier psu and more gpu cards

But like someone said, and I would like to add this, crypto mining are starting to get banned across the world. Two countries have done it for various reasons

Solution
May 30, 2021

Noted, for the psu

Yes sooner or later the ban is coming, but the system is sitting idle so I set it to mine some bucks lol
I found another gpu same as mine and want to upgrade my peasant miner :LOL:

TRENDING THREADS