Additional account issue

jhi3600

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
I created a second account on my Windows 10. When it opened it had apps already there. The reason I created this account was to troubleshoot an issue with my printer. I don't want any apps on this additional account.

Solution
Only by uninstalling & reinstalling that particular app.

Please note that only apps which are fully Windows 7 - 8 - 10 compatible will give you option of installing for "All Users" or "Just you". So you could be wasting your time reinstalling them (or some of them) anyway.

Older apps won't have that option, and even some newer apps just don't bother with that option. Where that option is not presented to you at time of installation it defaults to "All users" without any feedback.

What you could do instead is just delete the relevant app shortcuts in that second account.

jhi3600

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jhi3600 : "Creating second windows account"

I opened a second Windows 10 account and it opened with many apps installed. I wanted a "clean" account so I can troubleshoot a printer (suggested by Canon). Please advise.

Thanks

USAFRet

Titan

A lot of things ("apps") are included by default with Win 10 and a new 'user'.
That is by design.

There is no option for an absolutely bare user account.
Whatever is included is fine with whatever troubleshooting Canon wants you to do.

jhi3600

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
Thanks. But some of these apps were apps that I added recently (prior to creating the second user account) to my "original" user account. Are those included in your answer?

Only by uninstalling & reinstalling that particular app.

Please note that only apps which are fully Windows 7 - 8 - 10 compatible will give you option of installing for "All Users" or "Just you". So you could be wasting your time reinstalling them (or some of them) anyway.

Older apps won't have that option, and even some newer apps just don't bother with that option. Where that option is not presented to you at time of installation it defaults to "All users" without any feedback.

What you could do instead is just delete the relevant app shortcuts in that second account.

Solution