Question Additional menus creator for Windows 10 ?

The Electro Machine

Commendable
BANNED
Jan 28, 2021
Is there some program with GUI for that can create menus for programs? For example I would need my audio editor when I hit e.g. F4 key to show me a menu with list of lines of texts to be pasted in if I pick them - but I would need to be able to control the size of font and colors in such menu; and also I would need to add another menu hidden under some other key or their combination like CTRL+SHIFT+0

I tried using AutoHotkey but, as I am not a programmer, it is too complicated for me - it took me a ridiculous amount of time to come up with a basic one that now constantly breaks if I change to upgrade it.

I've read your post trice, but I do not get what you actually tries to do.

You both says you want to create some generic - probably static - drop down menu but then you say it's too complicated because you're not a programmer? This doesn't make much sense because even if you find some kind of script to generate code to auto-fill a drop-down list, you still have to invoke it.

What about just tell exact what you want to achieve with this?

The Electro Machine

Commendable
BANNED
Jan 28, 2021
[...]
I do not get what you actually tries to do.
[...]
I need a program in which I can define that for example:

● after pressing F4 in Notepad a menu will show up with lists of short text, which after choosing one, will be pasted to a file

● after pressing RMB+MMB in any program another menu will show up in every program with lists of basic keyboard shortcut like CTR+C and CTRL+v, which after choosing one, will be executed

● after pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+F23 in Windows Explorer a yet another menu will show with lists of [shortcuts to] particular folders, which after choosing one, will be opened

USAFRet

Titan
I need a program in which I can define that for example:

● after pressing F4 in Notepad a menu will show up with lists of short text, which after choosing one, will be pasted to a file

● after pressing RMB+MMB in any program another menu will show up in every program with lists of basic keyboard shortcut like CTR+C and CTRL+v, which after choosing one, will be executed

● after pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+F23 in Windows Explorer a yet another menu will show with lists of [shortcuts to] particular folders, which after choosing one, will be opened
I am 99.9% certain nothing like that exists.

AutoHotKey is likely your easiest pathway forward.

But if that is too complex, you're probably out of luck.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
So what do you use now?
I not longer using Windows, and AHK only works in Windows.

And can you perhaps paste in a link to a topic about your AHK working codes, if you ever did discuss them on some forum?
There are the official Autohotkey user forum - https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/

However - your particular case is mostly unique, and it doesn't exist a ready-made code snippet that will just magically just work in your case.

All my cases was for way different need than what you describe here and will for sure not apply.

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
I use Macro Express Pro. It has the ability to create different types of Popup menu that can run different macros to do a variety of different things. It does require you to do a fair amount programming to achieve what you are asking but it probably is do-able

There are other macro programs that can also achieve it as well but all require some basic knowledge of programming to get to what you want.

Reactions: The Electro Machine
D

Deleted member 14196

Try AutoIt

Many people find it easier than auto hotkey, which was basically a rip off of auto IT

They have a really good help file with good examples for you to learn from and there’s a lot of support on the forum if you need it

Reactions: The Electro Machine
D

Deleted member 14196

Convert your auto hot key code to auto IT and go over to the forum and ask for help and post your code so people can help you

They generally aren’t a bunch to help if you haven’t tried first. So give it a try and post your topic and people will help you. I’m sure other people have done this.

One thing that is not tolerated there is game automation so if you never discussed that there, you won’t have a problem