[SOLVED] Addressable RGB header, splitter etc

Dec 18, 2019
Hi there
I am facing a problem about A-RGB lighting.
First of all i know the difference about 12V RGB and 5V ARGB and my question is about the latter one. I have a gigabyte x470 Gaming 7 with 2 3-pin addressable RGB headers. And when i mean 3 pin i mean 3-pin and not the 4pin of which the third pin is missing (i will call it 4-1 pin). I thing only Gigabyte is using this kind of 5V header *3pin) while the other 3 companies are using the second kind.
So what can anyone do if his ARGB fans are 5V 4-1pin and has a Gigabyte Mbo OR his fans are 3pins and his Mobo (for example ASUS) has 4 -1 header. The pins are not aligned (for example like 3 pin voltage control and 4 pin PWM which are compatible)
My problem is that i have 5 3pin ARGB Orbit fans and i want to find a splitter 5 to 1 all 3pin but everything out there is 4-1 pin meaning that either my fans nor my MOBP can connect.
Is there any splitter converting these two kinds of A-RGB connection types or with pure 3pin ARGB?

Thanks

You can buy this 1 to 5 aRGB splitter from CM https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/rgb-accessories/argb-1-to-5-splitter-cable/

But, you need to make sure that the 5x ARGB Orbit fans will not draw more 2 Amp power, because most of rgb header on the MB can only support up to max 2 Amp. If the fans will draw more than 2 Amp, they will kill the aRGB header/MB.

So check the fan and MB specification first, before you buy that splitter.

Solution