adevice needed !!

df_fer

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
hello guys ..

i made my mind on the cpu it's X2 5000 which i think it's the best in that price range .....

k now i need help with the motherboard i'm noob at AMD's motherboards and chipsets so i need help on that

What were you going to do with your setup? How much is your budget for the system? Are you adding more items to build the system or are you trying to transfer over some items to the new system?

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Will you be overclocking? Using SLI? Do you need onboard firewire, e.g., do you have a camcorder or other equipment that connects via firewire?

df_fer

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
hi i'm back .....

sorry guys i didn't have the chance to go online ....

k here what i have in mind i'm not an overclocker .
i'm planning on buying another sli card next 4-8 months "when games need more fps"

and i'm aiming for mid-range pc but with vista out i need to get stuff compatible with it .

i have this in my min now since i have to buy kiinda expensive stuff for vista rdy . i will buy the psu + vga now and with the next salary i will buy the rest ....what u think ?

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
SLi isn't an upgrade path (at least not one that's even remotely sensible) so my advice is twofold - a) forget about SLi and buy the very best card you can afford right now and b) don't spend extra on an SLi-compatible motherboard.

Basically just forget about SLi. And buy an 8800GTX.

Oh and a third idea - don't buy anything right now and buy the rest later, buy it all at once (if you're good enough for saving)...if you wait til next month then the GPU is certainly going to be cheaper if AMD release R600 as has been rumoured at the end of the month then all the nV cards will probably get a nice fat price cut.

df_fer

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
u r right everything will be cheaper when r600 out.i will try to save my money for next month and get mid-range vista compatible.

but u know something i kinda got doubts about r600 coming next month , it seems they got problem with it .

P.S. : i was wondering , when i was searching newegg i found Motherboards with "vista ready" tag , is there anything els i should be aware of like rams should also be virsta eady ? cuz i just knew motherboard needs to be sli ready too.

edit: sorry i made a mistake i changed it from sli ready to vista ready ^_^

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
If you insist still on SLi then only the motherboard need be compatible (obviously the video card(s) must be too, but other than that just the motherboard).

'SLi compatible RAM' is completely and utterly a load of bullsh, there is no advantage to it whatsoever.