ADIMM Slot?

G

In the users manual for my motherboard under expansion slots it lists an ADIMM Slot. According to the manual, I can "use this slot to install a display cache card or video bridge card." Does anyone know what an ADIMM slot is? I tried doing some searches for this abbriviation, but I haven't been able to turn up anything. According to my manul, "the card [that uses an ADIMM slot] recieves digital video signals and control signals from the VGA circuitry and transforms them into composite or component video output for a TV display, TMDS signals for an LCD display or analog RGB signals for a secondary CRT display." The slot kind of looks like an AGP slot, but my board has integrated AGP, so I'm not sure what to think. If anyone knows what this ADIMM thing is, let me know because I'd like to get LCD and TV display capabilities.

G

Yes, this is what I'm looking for! Who sells them? Where can I buy one?

starbucksaddict

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2001
Contact whoever made your mobo
so far as I can see, these things are only found on
mobos with the SiS630 chipset

Honesty's the best policy
but insanity's the better defence :eek:

G

I have an SiS540 chipset. The manufacturer is Matsonic. They're in Asia and I'm in the US. I don't think I'm going to have any luck contacting them -- at least this has been my experience in these cases. I can't find anything about the ADIMM on their website. Does anyone have a list of SiS chipset retailers in the US?

starbucksaddict

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2001
Silicon Integrated Systems Corp.
U.S.A. Office
240 North Wolfe Road
Sunnyvale, CA 94086, U.S.A.
Phone: 002-1-408-730-5600
Fax: 002-1-408-730-5639

Matsonic Distributors

EUROCOM LA, INC
1102 JOHN REED COURT
CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA 91745, U.S.A.
TEL: 1-626-934-9999
FAX: 1-626-934-9489
E-MAIL: info@eurocomla.com

Get a hold of Copernic2000.
with it you can find anything on the internet
in five minutes flat

Honesty's the best policy
but insanity's the better defence :eek:

G

You ROCK! I've been doing searches for 3 days and haven't found this stuff. I'm definately going to check out that proggie. I'll call these guys and let y'all know how it turned out. Thanks again.

G

I found the reciept for my original purchase of the board. I bought it from Aaronix. I tried e-mailing them, and their response was, "Thank you for your request. I've not heard of this item and so would not be much help here.
Thank you rma@aaronix.com" I thought it was kind of humorous, so I e-mailed them back with a description of what I'm looking for. Hopefully, that will help. I called the Eurocom people, and they knew what I was talking about, but said that it's kind of an older thing now so they didn't carry them. They referred me to Amptron. I've tried calling them, but they're not answering their phones, so I e-mailed them. The SiS west coast sales people aren't answering their phones either -- they must get a late start out there -- the midwest SiS sales guy had never heard of an ADIMM and said, "We only make the chips." The east coast SiS sales guy was more helpful, he knew what I was talking about and said he'd talk to some people and e-mail me back if he found out anything. So, no luck yet...