admin screen prompt

lbchach

Prominent
Sep 20, 2017
My computer. ASUS with Windows 8 I got a message that update was incomplete and it would erase the partial update. I didn't turn it off since it directed me "Do not turn off" I left the room and when I returned there was a screen for password. It didn't take the password I normally use but it did take one I used when setting up the computer at the store. The ASUS screen came up and then soon a box titled Administrator:cmd.exe appeared with this message: C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32> I saw on your site to put in 'cd' which I did. Now it wants another command. Same screen.

Solution
Sounds like your OS might be corrupted, I would recommend a fresh install of your operating system. Possibly removing the partial update might have removed something your OS relied on and corrupted it. Hope this helps!

Darkvillain

Honorable
Sep 7, 2017
Sounds like your OS might be corrupted, I would recommend a fresh install of your operating system. Possibly removing the partial update might have removed something your OS relied on and corrupted it. Hope this helps!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS