Admin Template

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to write a group policy template to allow me to
control the remote admin settings on our antivirus. I
can't get it to change the registry value.

Can anyone see what is wrong?

CLASS MACHINE

CATEGORY !!AVG
KEYNAME "SOFTWARE\Grisoft\Avg7\Config"
POLICY !!RemoteAdminConfig
EXPLAIN !!explaintext
PART !!AvgDB EDITTEXT REQUIRED
VALUENAME "krnl.admin.database"
END PART
END POLICY
END CATEGORY

[strings]
AVG="AVG Admin"
RemoteAdminConfig="Remote Admin Connection"
AvgDB="AVG Admin Connection String"
explaintext="Destination of the AVG Remote Admin Server
e.g. http://server:4156?dbq"

Thanks,

Phil.

yeah, the valuename is not the data in the ADM, it is the Registry
VALUENAME. When you put the ADM template in the GPO, you will then enter the
DATA.

--
Derek Melber
BrainCore.Net