Question Administrator user causes crashes. Other users do not crash.

Jun 19, 2019
I originally thought this was a hardware problem but after using a non admin account for a month, it is clearly a software problem. The crash is not a blue screen. All peripherals disconnect but fans and lights stay on. I am completely dumbstuck on what to do now. Any help is appreciated.

Ralston18

Titan
Why are you trying to use an Admin account after a month of using a non-admin account?

Who has full admin rights to the computer you are using?

As for crashes....

Why do you believe that it is a software problem? What is there that supports that conclusion?

More details are needed.

Look in Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer for error codes or warnings that occur just before or at the time of the crashes.

Overall, you should be able to see that information as a non-admin.

Jun 19, 2019
Why are you trying to use an Admin account after a month of using a non-admin account?

Who has full admin rights to the computer you are using?

As for crashes....

Why do you believe that it is a software problem? What is there that supports that conclusion?

More details are needed.

Look in Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer for error codes or warnings that occur just before or at the time of the crashes.

Overall, you should be able to see that information as a non-admin.

Sorry for the delayed response, I have been trying to recreate the problem.

I've been using a non-admin account as a temporary solution to the issue.
It's my computer and the account that crashes was the original account.

I built this computer about 3 years ago and began having this issue about 6 months ago. I believe it is a software problem because using a different account has had no crashes. Using the same system with a different account prevents crashes.
The crashes happen sporadically, sometimes after half an hour of use and sometimes it lasts an entire day. It crashes when just browsing in chrome and when gaming, it seems like gaming does not make it crash more often.
The crashes turn all peripherals like the mouse keyboard and monitors. It makes the power and reset button unresponsive. I end up flipping the power supply switch to reboot and start the cycle again. Reliability history and event manager do not show anything that should be crashing.

If you think this may be something other than a windows issue like BIOS or anything hardware please let me know.

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager to take a look at what is being launched at Startup. Compare the non-crashing and crashing accounts

May be some buggy software being launched in the crashing account.

Also update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Based on the age of the system and described symptoms there could be a PSU problem.

Depending on what is or is not running with respect to non-crashing and crashing accounts, the PSU may be able to "keep" up with respect to the former and not so much with respect to the latter. Some threshold situation....

Reliability History/Manager may provide some insight. Look for error codes or warnings preceding any crashes.