ADMT SID History error

JC

When trying to migrate SID History for an object from NT, for one of my
domains I get the error ;

“Either the source domain’s primary domain controller (PDC) has not been
re-started after setting the TcpipClientSupport registry key to 1 or the PDC
could not be contacted.�

Has any one else seen this error and fixed it?!?

If I remove the LSA TcpipClientSupport registry entry the ADMT wizard
prompts and recreates and then display the same error.. oh the PDC has been
restarted etc etc.

Any thoughts or comments appreciated!

M.

Have you gone back in, verified that the key is there... and spelled EXACTLY
as printed in the instructions. If there are any typos, then you'll get
that.

Otherwise, it is a connection issue with the PDC/ PDC Emulator in your
source domain. Can you ping it, Ping it by domain name too? (just the
domain, not the FQDN)

--
Ryan Hanisco
MCSE, MCDBA

"JC" <JC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When trying to migrate SID History for an object from NT, for one of my
> domains I get the error ;
>
> "Either the source domain's primary domain controller (PDC) has not been
> re-started after setting the TcpipClientSupport registry key to 1 or the
> PDC
> could not be contacted."
>
> Has any one else seen this error and fixed it?!?
>
> If I remove the LSA TcpipClientSupport registry entry the ADMT wizard
> prompts and recreates and then display the same error.. oh the PDC has
> been
> restarted etc etc.
>
> Any thoughts or comments appreciated!
>
> M.

Yeah, I can ping the PDC, net view it etc etc...the key does it exist (with
no typos as I allowed ADMT to create it again..)...

strange...

"Ryan Hanisco" <rhanisco@flagshipis.com> wrote in message
> Have you gone back in, verified that the key is there... and spelled
> EXACTLY as printed in the instructions. If there are any typos, then
> you'll get that.
>
> Otherwise, it is a connection issue with the PDC/ PDC Emulator in your
> source domain. Can you ping it, Ping it by domain name too? (just the
> domain, not the FQDN)
>
> --
> Ryan Hanisco
> MCSE, MCDBA
> FlagShip Integration Services
>
> "JC" <JC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When trying to migrate SID History for an object from NT, for one of my
>> domains I get the error ;
>>
>> "Either the source domain's primary domain controller (PDC) has not been
>> re-started after setting the TcpipClientSupport registry key to 1 or the
>> PDC
>> could not be contacted."
>>
>> Has any one else seen this error and fixed it?!?
>>
>> If I remove the LSA TcpipClientSupport registry entry the ADMT wizard
>> prompts and recreates and then display the same error.. oh the PDC has
>> been
>> restarted etc etc.
>>
>> Any thoughts or comments appreciated!
>>
>> M.

You might try adding an entry to LMHOSTS as a Domain pointing at the PDC.

Intrinsic.net has a great whitepaper on the ADMTv2. Have a look at that as
well. (I can't provide a link due to the way they do their pathing.)