Adobe CS6 installation problem

G

Hi people, I have recently took the opportunity to get free copies of Adobe Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Premiere Pro CS6 on a USB stick from the technicians at school. When it comes to installing them I agree to let a program from an unidentified publisher make changes to my computer. Then I se a box saying "Please wait while Windows configures Adobe CS6 - Fireworks x64". After that closes, nothing happens at all. Apparently, it's supposed to install as a background process but I've left it for 3 hours and no changes have been made at all. I don't know what is wrong. However, I tried installing Fireworks x86 on my other XP computer which installed perfectly in about 20 minutes. I think my x64 system matches the minimum specs required to install these so I don't have a clue.

My machine specs:

Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3
AMD FX 8350 Eight Core CPU
8gb DDR3 1600mhz RAM
Integrated video (Think it's 2GB)

My XP machine:
Core 2 duo E6750
2GB 133MHz Ram
Unknown MOBO
Geforce 7300 le 256MB

Can anybody relate to this problem or know how to solve it?

Many Thanks in advance

G

Thanks for the quick reply, No I'm trying to install onto 1 1TB mechanical Hard Disk Drive

1Winston

Reputable
Dec 6, 2014
I know that Adobe doesn't like SSD for install disk.

Other idea - how bout downloading the software from Adobe website and using your authentication keys to activate what you download? Maybe the bits on the stick are screwy.

G

1Winston Might try that out, would the authentication keys found somewhere on the USB stick?

The best answer, I didn;t have photoshop in the first place but I have the Fireworks x64 and x86 versions on the same stick. The x86 version worked on my 32-bit machine, but the x64 version wont install on my new 64-bit machine.