[SOLVED] Adobe Photoshop CC Graphics Card ADVICE

watrhous

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
I am building a machine (see below) for the sole purpose of running Adobe Photoshop and SAi FLexi. I am looking for a great graphics card for between $200-$300. This is not for video games, just Photoshop CC. I have no idea when it comes to video cards as I have not bought or built with them in years. I have been using photoshop on a iMac for several years so I dont even know what to compare when comparing cards. Ram? DDr5 vs GDDR5? Processors? Any advice would be helpful. This is a serious post, i have a sober mind about this build. Please layit on me straight. and if there is anything wonky below in the build PLEASE feel free to mention it, thanks! Sincerely.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case
EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
Choosing the right GPU for Photoshop isn't nearly as important as choosing the right CPU or having enough RAM, but in some cases it can have a significant impact on performance. Adobe actually maintains a list of features that can utilize the GPU and if any of those are things you use regularly, go ahead and buy the best card you can afford with your $300 budget.

For $300 I would recommend GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING OC
Choosing the right GPU for Photoshop isn't nearly as important as choosing the right CPU or having enough RAM, but in some cases it can have a significant impact on performance. Adobe actually maintains a list of features that can utilize the GPU and if any of those are things you use regularly, go ahead and buy the best card you can afford with your $300 budget.

Solution

watrhous

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013

That was my understanding but I could not find the info you linked. Thats all I needed, thank you sir!

heebobo5

Honorable
Sep 29, 2016

I agree with this option.