Question Adobe Premiere asking for Intel® Graphics Driver

Astralv

Distinguished
Hi there

I am setting up Adobe Premiere on 2014 Intel 4770K computer. When open Premiere It says, "Video: Unsupported Driver Intel HD Graphics 4600. If you continue with known issues, you may experience performance degradation, instability and data loss".

If I chose "Fix", it opens this window:

How to manually install your Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 (adobe.com)

When I attempt to install driver that I download from this link, it shows "Error: this computer does not meet minimum requirements".

I dont see why Adobe Premiere care about Intel graphics. The monitor is connected via gaming graphic card AMD Radeon HD 7870. Unfortunately, the software is not stable and freezes when I try to add new Video and Audio Tracks. I keep restarting computer but it keeps happening. Any thoughts appreciated. Thank you.

Astralv

Distinguished
Do you have a bios setting to turn OFF the onboard graphics?
No, because I use it when I use dual monitor (unplugged right now).

There is more to it, I found out. It says on Adobe forum:

Adobe now requires a 6th-Generation or newer Intel Core i-series CPU in order for Premiere Pro to run properly. And the suggested Intel driver version mentioned on Adobe's site is compatible only with the 6th-Generation or newer CPUs. Your CPU, unfortunately, is only a 4th-Generation CPU. The only "fix" for this, unfortunately, is to disable both Quick Sync and MPE GPU acceleration, switching both to the software-only mode. But then, your editing experience will be at the mercy of your system's CPU - and your CPU is only a dual-core CPU with four threads, which will only make your editing experience agonizing. Premiere Pro now effectively requires an 8-core, 16-thread or better CPU in order to run adequately smoothly.

My setting is already set to Software Only. And there is no hardware acceleration.

Reactions: RealBeast

RealBeast

Titan
Thanks for the update, I was unaware of that limitation.

I use Photoshop and Premiere a lot but have a newer system and only use integrated graphics on my storage servers. One big performance enhancement I've used for a long time is using scratch disks in both Photoshop and Premiere.