I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow
the time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut out.
Any suggestions?

"Chris Maness" wrote ...
>I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow the
>time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut out. Any
>suggestions?

Try deleting all the temp files and force it to re-render.

Where does it store the temp file?

Richard Crowley wrote:
> "Chris Maness" wrote ...
>
>>I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow the
>>time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut out. Any
>>suggestions?
>

> Try deleting all the temp files and force it to re-render.

I'm thinking, that the problem might be that I just renamed .VOB to .MPG
and imported it into Premiere (flame suit on, i'm a newbie). I now am
using TMPGEnc to demux. The resultant m2v looks good, but I need to
figure out a good tool for converting the ac3 file so that I can edit
the sound along with the video.

Richard Crowley wrote:

> "Chris Maness" wrote ...
>
>>I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow the
>>time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut out. Any
>>suggestions?
>

> Try deleting all the temp files and force it to re-render.

Follow Up:

Really strange. When I import the DMUXED m2v file into Premiere. It
plays more than twice as fast. That is probably why everything was
screwed up when I had exported originally. I guess I'm gonna either
need to convert to AVI or get the mpeg plugin for Adobe Premiere.

Chris Maness wrote:

> I'm thinking, that the problem might be that I just renamed .VOB to .MPG
> and imported it into Premiere (flame suit on, i'm a newbie). I now am
> using TMPGEnc to demux. The resultant m2v looks good, but I need to
> figure out a good tool for converting the ac3 file so that I can edit
> the sound along with the video.
>

> Richard Crowley wrote:
>
>> "Chris Maness" wrote ...
>>
>>> I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow
>>> the time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut
>>> out. Any suggestions?
>>

>> Try deleting all the temp files and force it to re-render.

I've had good luck with Ac3 Decode from
http://www.users.on.net/~rsobon/ac3dec.html

Mike

Chris Maness wrote:
> I'm thinking, that the problem might be that I just renamed .VOB to
> .MPG and imported it into Premiere (flame suit on, i'm a newbie). I
> now am using TMPGEnc to demux. The resultant m2v looks good, but I
> need to figure out a good tool for converting the ac3 file so that I
> can edit the sound along with the video.
>

> Richard Crowley wrote:
>
>> "Chris Maness" wrote ...
>>
>>> I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to
>>> follow the time line. There are parts still in the movie that I
>>> had cut out. Any suggestions?
>>

>> Try deleting all the temp files and force it to re-render.

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:58:36 -0800, Chris Maness
<Chris@PLSNOSPAMchrismaness.com> wrote:

>I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow
>the time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut out.
>Any suggestions?

Premiere can't really edit mpeg properly without a plug-in.

What is a good program for doing simple editing of mpeg-2 files?

Jim Gunn wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:58:36 -0800, Chris Maness
> <Chris@PLSNOSPAMchrismaness.com> wrote:
>

>>I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow
>>the time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut out.
>>Any suggestions?
>

> Premiere can't really edit mpeg properly without a plug-in.

ANON

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

>You are confusing production formats with release codecs.
>It has only been in very recent times that anybody has wanted
>to edit MPEG, DIVIX, etc.

yes I agree with you onlly to a point. There was a time that most
people only trusted steam powered propulsion. Internal combusion was
just a fad until it really caught on widespread.

Granted computers and computer technology moves on at a 2000% rate but
come on, MPG, AVI with a 6.5 release, then the short lived 1.0 to the
1.5 release, you can't tell me that they can keep up to the times if
it is just a codec ?

Maybe they do need to be taken down a step or two. If you can't keep
up with the times and technology, it is time to step aside.

Please, mpg and avi have been well out for over a year. In computer
time that is 10 years. GYST or you will be #2.

"Chris Maness" <Chris@PLSNOSPAMchrismaness.com> wrote in message
| Richard Crowley wrote:
| > "Chris Maness" wrote ...
| >
| >>I exported a movie from adobe premiere and it does not seem to follow
the
| >>time line. There are parts still in the movie that I had cut out. Any
| >>suggestions?
| >

| > Try deleting all the temp files and force it to re-render.
| >

| Where does it store the temp file?

There's a command in the menu bar to delete all temp files.

JaF

> No one in their right mind would ever try to edit mpeg files after
the fact.
> It's too damn hard. Having said that, there are thousands who will
continue
> to try and, in doing so, waste an incredible amount of time. For
example,
> if someone has a DVD that they want re-edited, it's far easier to capture
> the signal from a DVD player than it is to screw around with vob editors,
> ac3 editors, etc.

That is exactly what I was trying to do. I tried another poster's
suggestion and downloaded the app on the banner add (VideoReDo). It
works great. The only downside is that I can't import video into the
clip I'm editing and there are no transition effects, but the awesome
thing about it is that it does not re-render the file. Therefor, it is
FAST. I still plan on editing my own video by using Premiere, and AVI
format.

Thanks for the help guys.

p.s. Now that I have edited the VOBs, what is the best simple app
(freeware) to just allow you to create IFO files so that I can burn
these VOBs right back onto a DVD. I don't need a fancy menu at all,
just something that will thread the VOBs in order. I don't want an app
that will try to re-render the files. I had to re-name them mpg so that
VideoReDo would accept them. It is still a mpeg-2 with a ac3 audio
track multiplexed into it. So, I guess that all I should have to do is
re-name them VOB.

I could try to use the IFO files from the original DVD, but I'm afraid
since the DVD have been edited that would not work.

Thanks again.