Adobe update malware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feetjai

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
I have several adobe applications, like reader, photoshop...
Lately I installed comodo firewall + antivirus. And when I run the adobe update I see really strange things happen:

- The installer wants to gain access to my windows login exe.
- And lot more windows critical exe files
gain access to steam.exe .... what does adobe needs access to my steam executable for!?

One of the files that wants access is names bridge XXXX 101.exe. I google it, but it's not known yet.

Anyone smell something fishy?? Because I don't like it's behavior....

feetjai

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
My 2nd try to install and the update process changed a but, but still odd:

I have several adobe applications, like reader, photoshop...
Lately I installed comodo firewall + antivirus. And when I run the adobe update I see really strange things happen:

- The installer wants to gain access to my windows login exe.
- And lot more windows critical exe files
gain access to steam.exe .... what does adobe needs access to my steam executable for!?

One of the files that wants access is names bridge XXXX 101.exe. I google it, but it's not known yet.

Anyone smell something fishy?? Because I don't like it's behavior....

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
I used to have this "AdobeUpdate.exe" thing run on my old computer. It used 100% CPU and never updated Adobe. It wasn't a virus (at least my anti-virus never detected it), but it was annoying as hell.

About your situation, that sure sounds fishy, but I don't know if it's a virus.

Bruceification73

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Oh, and area51, just an update about those anti-virus/malware softwares and firewall you recommended me a while back...

PC tools is freaking awesome! I've done several security tests, both online and off, and they all say I am 100% secure!

Malwarebytes scans really slowly, but is very effective. it found 240 infected objects the first scan that Norton had not found (I got malwarebytes a little before Avira).

And Avira is lightning fast!

Thanks for those recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.