[SOLVED] Adobe XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
A feature "print to pdf" (many different software have this feature) does what it state. Instead of printing to a sheet of paper, it makes a pdf file. As little sense it give having an interactive clickable paper print, just as little sense does it gives having an interactive print to file.

When that's said - making a PDF with t.ex. check boxes and editable text field can be made. It's actually completely possible to make it using free / Open source programs. I have made editable check-lists of PDF for use on my phone. I used Libre Office suite to make such a PDF file.

Also - not all pdf reader apps are capable of handling interactive elements in a pdf file. On my cell phone, I tested several (not remembering excactly the name...

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
What did Adobe tell you when you asked them?

It would be fair to say that you could ask Adobe tech support if the sun was going to rise tomorrow, and they would transfer you around to various levels and supervisors. They are about as worthless as a bag of limp...well, you know.

I had a question at one point about how to make an operation of converting a group of files in a way similar to Nitro. It was possible, just the "do it the way the book says" was super long and un-necessarily involved. I called them to find out and they walked me through the help video just like I had previously clicked on. We went back and forth and I happened to find what I was looking for quite readily on my own to have the tech tell me it couldn't be done that way.

A feature "print to pdf" (many different software have this feature) does what it state. Instead of printing to a sheet of paper, it makes a pdf file. As little sense it give having an interactive clickable paper print, just as little sense does it gives having an interactive print to file.

When that's said - making a PDF with t.ex. check boxes and editable text field can be made. It's actually completely possible to make it using free / Open source programs. I have made editable check-lists of PDF for use on my phone. I used Libre Office suite to make such a PDF file.

Also - not all pdf reader apps are capable of handling interactive elements in a pdf file. On my cell phone, I tested several (not remembering excactly the name of) and found that the Adobe reader was best suitable of those I tested. This is around 3 years ago and I haven't had use for that since so there may be other pdf readers today that support interactive elements for all I know.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.