ADRIFT site down?

Hi all,

Is the ADRIFT site down? I'm looking for a way to download the Adrift
Runner without having to get the whole package, which is the one
available from the Archive as well. I've been trying to access the
ADRIFT site a few times now but all I keep getting is the "Cannot find
the page" error.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

--Arnel

Roger Firth responded:
> http://www.adrift.org.uk/cgi/new/adrift.cgi works for me.
>
> Cheers, Roger

Hey, it worked! Thanks Roger.

On the other hand, I didn't exactly get the current release of the
runner (v4.0 Release 46) as a stand-alone package. Best thing to do
would probably download Release 36 and upgrade it to the recent one.

Hope it works. Thanks again.

--Arnel

--
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
You'll find all my IF pages at http://www.firthworks.com/roger

On 17-Apr-05 at 4:03am -0700, <jalespring@excite.com> wrote:

> Is the ADRIFT site down?... I keep getting [a]... "Cannot find
> the page" error.

Try emptying your cache and try again. Also, if you have some kind
of web accelerator software, you might check to see that there isn't
a munged or out-of-date "hosts" file gumming up the works.

-- :: ============================================================= ::
:: %%%%%%%%% "Glenn P.," <C128UserDELETE-THIS@FVI.Net> %%%%%%%%% ::
:: ------------------------------------------------------------- ::
:: "When the moon hits the sky :: "When an eel bites your toe ::
:: like a big pizza pie, :: And it just won't let go -- ::
:: That's Amore!" :: THAT's A Moray!" ::
:: ------------------------------------------------------------- ::
:: %%%%%%%%%%%%% Anonymous -- Found On The Web %%%%%%%%%%%%% ::
:: ============================================================= ::

:: Take Note Of The Spam Block On My E-Mail Address! ::

It's nothing to do with cache - the site is simply down. It's been
down a few times a week for several months now and before that it was
unusual to go for more than a few days without some downtime.

"Glenn P.," <C128UserDELETE-THIS@FVI.Net> wrote in message news:<Pine.LNX.4.61.0504180520390.11215@Bfjrtb.SbkInyyrl.arg>...
> On 17-Apr-05 at 4:03am -0700, <jalespring@excite.com> wrote:
>
> > Is the ADRIFT site down?... I keep getting [a]... "Cannot find
> > the page" error.
>
> Try emptying your cache and try again. Also, if you have some kind
> of web accelerator software, you might check to see that there isn't
> a munged or out-of-date "hosts" file gumming up the works.
>
> -- :: ============================================================= ::
> :: %%%%%%%%% "Glenn P.," <C128UserDELETE-THIS@FVI.Net> %%%%%%%%% ::
> :: ------------------------------------------------------------- ::
> :: "When the moon hits the sky :: "When an eel bites your toe ::
> :: like a big pizza pie, :: And it just won't let go -- ::
> :: That's Amore!" :: THAT's A Moray!" ::
> :: ------------------------------------------------------------- ::
> :: %%%%%%%%%%%%% Anonymous -- Found On The Web %%%%%%%%%%%%% ::
> :: ============================================================= ::
>
> :: Take Note Of The Spam Block On My E-Mail Address! ::

Hi,

David's correct -- cache has nothing to do with it. That was the link I
formerly used to go to for ADRIFT, and even Google links to that. For
some reason, it's no longer working, but Roger's suggestion proved to
be a better one.

Thanks,
Arnel

On 18-Apr-05 at 12:02pm -0700, <jalespring@excite.com> wrote:

> ...That was the link I formerly used to go to for ADRIFT, and
> even Google links to that.

That doesn't signify; Google! only "crawls" the web at intervals,
so it can take a week or even two or more for it to "notice" that
the has disappeared.

-- >>>>> "Glenn P.," <C128UserDELETE-THIS@FVI.Net> <<<<<
"Memoria tenete hanc esse Fabulam et omnino per Iocum et per Simulationem,
itaque te esse non credere verbum solum etsi verum est." [Infantes Aquarum]

:: Take Note Of The Spam Block On My E-Mail Address! ::