Question Advanced Haswell-E/X99 issues ?

root user

Prominent
Jul 12, 2021
All-

I have recently acquired a gently used Gigabyte X99-UD4P to use with an Intel Xeon 2697-V3. The 2697V3 is natively supported, so there shouldn't be any issues out of the box even with the earliest BIOS revision.

However, this isn't the case. I'll power it on and receive no display output (EVGA RTX 3070), and it will turn off after 15-20 seconds and keep power cycling. It will however beep continuously many, many times (probably 50 or 60) before it shuts off.

For RAM, I have a Patriot Signature 2x16GB DDR4-3200 NON-ECC kit which was installed in the proper slots for a 2-DIMM config. (DIMM3 and DIMM7).

So I browsed around and according to a couple of older posts from others having the same issue, it was merely a BIOS issue which could be fixed by using Q-FLASH.

Q-FLASH did not work however, it would not recognize the USB drive and continue the doomed power cycle/beep loop. I have flashed Q-FLASH/Gigabyte boards previously and did not have any issues.

GIGABYTE BEEP CODES suggested that continuous beeps would indicate a PSU issue, but it was not the problem. Originally, I used an EVGA G5 750, proofed for issues with a Corsair HX 1200 and an older Antec Earthwatts 650.

UPDATE: Managed to get the BIOS flashed, but it will for whatever reason only accept 2133MHz DDR4. My 2x16GB 3200MHz only causes repeated failed POST attempts.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

root user

Prominent
Jul 12, 2021
upload some pictures to imgur.com of your setup and all connections you did with the devices, eventually we can see anything odd
post the imgur links aftwerwards

I managed to finally get the BIOS flashed (worked with USB2.0 drive formatted to FAT16 (4.0GB partition).

It however doesn't accept my DDR4-3200MHz 2x16GB kit... any thoughts? It currently will only POST successfully with a single 4GB 2133MHz (nonECC) installed. DIMM slot does not seem to matter... all I am receiving are failed post attempts.

Is the Xeon limited to only 2133MHz?

Is the Xeon limited to only 2133MHz?
officially supported speeds by the memory controller of the xeon are: DDR4 1600/1866/2133

Are you sure, you did plug it into the correct dimm slots? 3 is on the left side of the CPU, the 3rd from left and 7 is on the right side of the CPU the 2nd from left

Did you reset the motherboard by the CLR CMOS jumper after installing the RAM? (unpowered)