Question Advanced RGB Lighting with Single ARGB Header

Mar 13, 2021
Hi all,

I'm quite new to pc RGB lighting. I have an ASUS micro ATX motherboard (TUF 365M) with one ARGB header. I have 4xRGB fans connected to a hub which is then connected to the ARGB header. I also have HyperX RGB RAM (4x8Gb).

My main question is, how can I create those effects where the lights are not identical but rather illuminate and change in a sequence using ASUS Aura Sync. As I'm using one ARGB header, everything connected to the hub performs the same effect.

Any ideas on how to make those advanced effects with a motherboard with one ARGB header? Appreciate your help with this.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Not enough information ARGB = addressable meaning you can do the rainbow effects, RGB just different colors.

EDIT with all the ARGB-RGB stuff out their it's very important to ask questions before buying if you wish for everything to match.

Mar 13, 2021
I've gone ahead and purchased the Razer Chroma Addressable RGB Controller. It appears that if I bypass the ARGB header on the motherboard and use a USB2.0 header instead, that will create the desired effect as all fans and ARGB devices will be seen by the software as individual devices which a standard hub cannot do. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks for your help.