Advanced setup tab disappeared from router settings

dankfloyd

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
Recently I had done some port forwarding on my router. no problem.

Then today I tried to go into the settings of port forwarding from within the router and the option for advanced setup has disappeared. Very frustrating to say the least. I am not sure how that could even happen. The only reason I noticed is because I started having some intermittent issues with a belkin wireless usb receiver and was getting some gateway error every so often so I decided to look into my router settings and realized the tab was missing.

Now on further look to router it says some scary stuff about a DOS attack. Not sure what the ehck that is about. I with I would have saved the log before resetting.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

g90814

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013

Yes it's quite possible. I'd do a factory reset, and don't use the same passwords as before.

Make sure you're using WPA2+AES for wireless security, and a good complex password.

I'd also make sure the router has the latest firmware.

dankfloyd

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
I actually figured it out I believe and honestly it is the dumbest thing I have ever encountered. But adblock was actually blocking that part of the menu. I know it sounds crazy but it is true. Weird stuff. Still might reset the router for good measure though.