Advanced System Info prob

Hello everyone,
Start-All Programs-Accessories-System Tools-System Information
When running I get in the right hand side where information should be -
Cant collect information.
Cannot access the Windows Management Instrumentation software.
Windows Management files may be moved or missing.

Anyone got any clues to help with this one please.
p.s this one is without the screen picture.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:427f35cf$0$5176$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au,
C&S-M <cgsam(remove this)@optusnet.com.au> had this to say:

> Hello everyone,
> Start-All Programs-Accessories-System Tools-System Information
> When running I get in the right hand side where information should be
> - Cant collect information.
> Cannot access the Windows Management Instrumentation software.
> Windows Management files may be moved or missing.
>
> Anyone got any clues to help with this one please.
> p.s this one is without the screen picture.

Start > Run > type "services.msc" without the quotes > hit enter

Start (set to automatic) Remote Procedure Call and Windows Management
Instrumentation services.

If those are already started then you may be needing to open the control
panel, click on admin tools, component services. Dig down to DCOM Config
under Component services, find and right click on WMI, select properties,
and then under the security section set it to allow for your user or user
group.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

TRENDING THREADS