[SOLVED] Advanced Systemcare by Iobit

Solution
I don't like any Iobit software, especially if it includes a driver updating function as they often make things worse

Most of the time you don't need programs like this, Windows 10 can look after itself pretty well now. System clean up not really much help.

much of what it does is run built in win 10 features. replaces them, or fights against them
Features:

Scans & Cleans system logs, temp files
Disk cleanup does that now, as does Storage Sense.

Security/ Anti Virus protection/Firewall
Defender is free and is probably just as good

efficient ram: Release RAM from background programs

That feature right there is fighting memory management as win 10 compresses things into ram and if something is removing those...

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't like any Iobit software, especially if it includes a driver updating function as they often make things worse

Most of the time you don't need programs like this, Windows 10 can look after itself pretty well now. System clean up not really much help.

much of what it does is run built in win 10 features. replaces them, or fights against them
Features:

That feature right there is fighting memory management as win 10 compresses things into ram and if something is removing those things to "free" the ram it can actually slow PC down as it has to look on page file for that info that was in ram before. Free ram doesn't help PC

Maximise Internet Speed: Bandwidth Prioritization

I doubt this helps a great deal.

Faster Startup: Block Programs from starting Auto

You can do this now. You can go to start tab of task manager or use a program called Autoruns from Microsoft - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns
Or just look in options for the programs as most let you disable auto start.

Stabilize Windows: Deep cleaning of your PC's registry

Registry cleanup really doesn't help

features list lifted from here

Last edited:
Solution

Charseza

Honorable
May 26, 2015

Features:

That feature right there is fighting memory management as win 10 compresses things into ram and if something is removing those things to "free" the ram it can actually slow PC down as it has to look on page file for that info that was in ram before. Free ram doesn't help PC

Maximise Internet Speed: Bandwidth Prioritization

I doubt this helps a great deal.

Faster Startup: Block Programs from starting Auto

You can do this now. You can go to start tab of task manager or use a program called Autoruns from Microsoft - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns
Or just look in options for the programs as most let you disable auto start.

Stabilize Windows: Deep cleaning of your PC's registry

Registry cleanup really doesn't help

features list lifted from here
That's actually a really thorough response. Thank you for that!!

Although I am using iobits uninstaller and driver booster. Your thoughts on this?

Colif

Win 11 Master
You don't need driver booster either, it can make things worse. It always seems to find more old drivers on the system than I can.
Many hardware makers have their own programs that will do this for their hardware now

apart from using 1st party programs to collect drivers, I use Driver view to look at what I have now and go to the makers for updates.

download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

You only really need to update drivers if you are having problems. If your PC is fine now, updates can introduce problems you didn't have before

Not sure about their uninstaller. I haven't had any problems come up with it.

Charseza

Honorable
May 26, 2015
You don't need driver booster either, it can make things worse. It always seems to find more old drivers on the system than I can.
Many hardware makers have their own programs that will do this for their hardware now

apart from using 1st party programs to collect drivers, I use Driver view to look at what I have now and go to the makers for updates.

download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

You only really need to update drivers if you are having problems. If your PC is fine now, updates can introduce problems you didn't have before

Not sure about their uninstaller. I haven't had any problems come up with it.
Hmm, on another note, I was planning to make a fresh install, since startup takes too long sometimes.

2-3 minute startup is a very long time when were talking about windows 10. I may refrain from using those kinds of software as I've read prior to this thread. I also use ccleaner and the like.