[SOLVED] Advantages to spending more on the Motherboard?

Aug 15, 2019
I am looking to build a system, which is intel 8th and 9th gen compatible. I have noticed that they Z390 boards are about £100, whereas the H310M boards cost only £60-70.

Considering I want future upgradability, but do not ever want to overclock, are there any real advantages of spending more and getting the Z390.

Solution
Z390 motherboards are natively compatible with the Intel 8th/9th gen processors. Some H310 motherboards may still require a BIOS update in order to be compatible with them.
In some cases, the newer motherboard have more advanced chipsets that improve communications, connectivity, or audio. Some of the newer chipsets run cooler than the previous versions. Some will run hotter but have better cooling (some won't).
Newer motherboards, while not guaranteed to be, are more likely to be compatible with the next generation of processors.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Z390 motherboards are natively compatible with the Intel 8th/9th gen processors. Some H310 motherboards may still require a BIOS update in order to be compatible with them.
In some cases, the newer motherboard have more advanced chipsets that improve communications, connectivity, or audio. Some of the newer chipsets run cooler than the previous versions. Some will run hotter but have better cooling (some won't).
Newer motherboards, while not guaranteed to be, are more likely to be compatible with the next generation of processors.

-Wolf sends

Solution