Adverts on Tom's - Castrol added to the "No-Buy" list

OK, you need to have ads. But rollover ads that pop up to cover the whole page are obscene.

I don't come to the forums *for* help. I come to *give* as much help as I can. And I'm tired of having to thread the mouse pointer through a mine field.

Ads like today's Castrol ad just prompt me to remember *never* to buy Castrol products. And more of these kind of ads will prompt me never to return.

psycho sykes

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
And I'm tired of having to thread the mouse pointer through a mine field.
:lol:
----------
Try to use Firefox3.5 & AdBlock+
This is against the point of ads and could do harm to TH (i think so, so don't laugh) but you can just add the link(s) of those ads and disable the blocker for the others...

Medo

G

PLEASE REMOVE THAT AD. Every time I go to the forums or to an article that damn ugly thing jumps out and covers most of my page. I buy Castrol products and I DON'T appreciate having that stinking add covering over my page.

Thanks. It works great.

Its unfortunate that a few truly and unnecessarily obnoxious ads results in *no* ads being seen.

There's a lesson there.

Let me know when you've adopted a policy banning these obscene ads, and I'll go back to receiving those remaining in a cooperative spirit.