Question Advice about GPU upgrade on my build?

Oct 5, 2023
So I am currently looking for a good upgrade on my GPU, but I am just not sure what to get and what would be the most worth of my money spent
This is my current build:

PSU: Delta GPS-850HBA, 850w
Motherboard: MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
RAM: 16gb ram
GPU: 1070ti
CPU: i7-9700k

I am currently only using this pc to kinda play rust and edit stuff.
Even tho these specs are running the game surprisingly good with allthe optimizations I made. It still needs a good solid upgrade.
Any advice?

FAhentai

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2016
So I am currently looking for a good upgrade on my GPU, but I am just not sure what to get and what would be the most worth of my money spent
This is my current build:

PSU: Delta GPS-850HBA, 850w
Motherboard: MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
RAM: 16gb ram
GPU: 1070ti
CPU: i7-9700k

I am currently only using this pc to kinda play rust and edit stuff.
Even tho these specs are running the game surprisingly good with allthe optimizations I made. It still needs a good solid upgrade.
Any advice?
May I please know what kind of monitor you are using and what is its resolution/FPS?

Oct 5, 2023
If money is no object you could go with the 7900xtx or 4090, but I am assuming you have a budget, so it would be helpful to know the budget and resolution as the other posters have mentioned.
I live in the Netherlands at the moment and can get like a 2nd hand good 3060ti for 350,-
which is also around my budget I guess.

FAhentai

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2016
My main monitor is

BenQ Zowie XL2411K which is standard 1080p and 144hz

2nd monitor is some random 60hz monitor with same resolution
Then, trust me, leave as it is. Your computer works fine with this monitor.
Basically, 980ti = 1070 = 1660ti/super, still works good for 1080p. If you really want to see day and night difference, you need at least 7700x+Radeon 7900xtx and a decent 4k monitor, which means that all ur PC needs a total replacement, including monitor. In other words, you need a new computer.

I live in the Netherlands at the moment and can get like a 2nd hand good 3060ti for 350,-
which is also max my budget I guess
Thank you. I'm afraid that there's nothing that I can recommend on the used market in Nederland because I have no access to it. I can say for certain that the RTX 3060 Ti for €350 is better than anything you're going to get on the new market but I would recommend looking at the price of a 2nd-hand RX 6700 XT or RX 6750 XT because they'll probably cost the same or less despite being faster and having 12GB of VRAM instead of only 8GB.

Now, I realise that the 12GB won't make any difference at 1080p but who knows, it might make a difference in the future and the cards should be both faster and less expensive so you might as well take a look at them.

Het is goed om opties te hebben! ;)(y)

Reactions: Order 66

TRENDING THREADS