[SOLVED] Advice after Attempting to Diagnose No Power Problem - Isolated to Likely MOBO as Issue

noah_h

Reputable
Aug 24, 2016
My PC wouldn't start after a sleep and now gets now power. This was my first build (6 years ago). I tried to go through the troubleshooting guide and, in my understanding, it looks like it's the mobo since I can't get it to start (absolutely nothing happens) by jumping the pwr+/- with cpu, GPU, memory, and psu all installed while I can get the PSU to start with the paperclip test. It seemed at first to just be some silly power button issue on my tower but I cannot get it to power on at all (except as isolated psu). Annoyingly though, it looks like I have an Intel i-7 that requires a Z170 Chipset mobo (had a "Gigabyte Ultra Durable GA-Z170-HD3P Desktop Motherboard - Intel Z170 Chipset") and I cannot seem to find a reasonably priced new Z170 compatible mobo. Does anyone have advice on my next steps? It's a tough time to be in the market for parts. Should I just go for a prebuilt? Diagnose with more certainty?

Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cHjfz7

Last edited: