[SOLVED] Advice after installing new SSD

NoahBeckers

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
Hi all! I recently migrated all my files from my old WD Blue (1tB) hard drive to my new Samsung 970 evo SSD. I used samsungs migration software to do so and now my SSD is my boot drive and contains all my files. How do I proceed to clean up my hard drive? I am pretty sure I have all my files twice now, once on my old HDD and once on my new SSD. Is it ok to just format my HDD to use as mass storage? If so, how would I do this? Thanks!

Solution
Hi all! I recently migrated all my files from my old WD Blue (1tB) hard drive to my new Samsung 970 evo SSD. I used samsungs migration software to do so and now my SSD is my boot drive and contains all my files. How do I proceed to clean up my hard drive? I am pretty sure I have all my files twice now, once on my old HDD and once on my new SSD. Is it ok to just format my HDD to use as mass storage? If so, how would I do this? Thanks!
Yes you can format old HDD now but as it head OS on it you should also delete all the partitions on it and format it as logical disk. Disk management is probably not going to let you do that as it has OS on it but something like this should...
Yes you can format old HDD now but as it head OS on it you should also delete all the partitions on it and format it as logical disk. Disk management is probably not going to let you do that as it has OS on it but something like this should https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/minitool_partition_wizard_home_edition.html

Solution