[SOLVED] Advice? Changing from Intel to AMD (CPU + MOBO?)

May 11, 2020
Decided to upgrade my 8 year old pc. I'm changing my CPU from Intel to AMD, i think this is also true of the motherboard? I'm also changing my RAM if that affects anything. What preparations should i take before the big swap.

I've read that i should link my windows account which i have, I've also seen that i should delete any Intel related drivers before powering off my PC - is that advisable? Sounds a bit sketchy to me. I don't really want to re-purchase windows as I'm already £500.00 in on this upgrade.

CPU:
from
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
to
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

MoBo:
from
Foxconn H61MXL/H61MXL-K
to
MSi B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4

RAM (if it matters):
from
16GB DDR3 (i think)
to
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200MHz

Thanks!

Solution
Decided to upgrade my 8 year old pc. I'm changing my CPU from Intel to AMD, i think this is also true of the motherboard? I'm also changing my RAM if that affects anything. What preparations should i take before the big swap.

I've read that i should link my windows account which i have, I've also seen that i should delete any Intel related drivers before powering off my PC - is that advisable? Sounds a bit sketchy to me. I don't really want to re-purchase windows as I'm already £500.00 in on this upgrade.

CPU:
from
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
to
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

MoBo:
from
Foxconn H61MXL/H61MXL-K
to

RAM (if it matters):
from
16GB DDR3 (i...

CPU:
from
to
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

MoBo:
from
Foxconn H61MXL/H61MXL-K
to

RAM (if it matters):
from
16GB DDR3 (i think)
to
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200MHz

Thanks!
the only thing i would change is get the same kit of ram but 3600mhz,trust me you will notice a increase in performance.
Also you need to reset windows.Totally.

Solution