Question Advice choosing new GPU

Feb 14, 2019
Hello,
first I'd like to say i really like the community here, from the first look of it.

I'm looking to replace my old GPU card, which seemed to stop working lately after many years i may have overloaded it.
My old card was sapphire radeon HD 7770 oc 1gb RAM
im looking to upgrade to a new GPU, prefelbly Geforce chipset but im open to hear about AMD as well
I'm not looking to spend much, as Im not a hardcore gamer, but just merely games like NBA 2K, assassins creed Oddysey etc. not looking to run everything on ultra settings, but still at a good amount of FPS.
my budget is about 200-220 $
I was thinking about the GTX 1050 Ti 4gb RAM, but would like to know if this card is good enough to use for the coming years, and of course compatible with my current specs
Rest of my specs:
CPU: Core i5 3470 3.20 GHz
PSU: Corsair 650W
RAM: Kingston 8Gb 1600 MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte H77-D3SH

appreciate if you could help🙏

Phazoner

Distinguished
Yeah, the Nvidia 1050Ti is a great choice. Your i5 can probably handle even a better card like the AMD 570, which has been seen extremely cheap being a great performer. If you get an AMD you can also get a cheap Freesync monitor which will eliminate screen tearing and also reduce the noticeability of framerate variations.

Gigabyte makes both Nvidia and AMD graphics cards. Sapphire is nevertheless one of the less reliable brands and it only builds AMD graphics cards. I would go for the AMD 570, by any other brand.

TRENDING THREADS