Question Advice for a 1000€ Gaming PC

Oct 9, 2022
Hey! Thank you all who commented on my last post. I've decided to just spend some more money and build a new computer, and leave my old one as the family computer.

Approximate Purchase Date: Before the end of the month

Budget Range: 1000 - 1150€

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the internet, office work

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: No preference, but take into account I live in Spain

Parts Preferences: I've been researching and I feel like the Intel Core i5-11400F + AMD Radeon RX 6600 would be a good combo for what I'm looking for (if you think something else might be better, please do say so)

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments:
  • I'd like to build a 1920x1080 computer that could run all or at least most modern games, even if it's just with medium settings (I'm not too picky graphic-wise, as long as it runs at a stable fps rate)
  • If possible, I'd like to have a system that could be upgraded later, so that it doesn't get obsolete too soon.

If you need to buy a monitor and Windows, they will take a big chunk out of your budget.

Unless you have a strong reason, I'd go with 12th generation Intel instead of 11th.

Ideally...avoid spinning hard drives. But capacity requirements and budget may require one.

Reactions: KyaraM

Lutfij

Titan
Here's my entry but there's definitely room to play with on the suggestions towards the build and perhaps cut down on some things;
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor (€178.95 @ Coolmod)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L RGB V2 65.59 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€73.98 @ Amazon Espana)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€173.02 @ Amazon Espana)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (€126.08 @ Amazon Espana)
Storage: Crucial P2 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€45.99 @ Amazon Espana)
Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€182.25 @ Amazon Espana)
Video Card: XFX Speedster SWFT 210 Radeon RX 6600 8 GB Video Card (€292.00 @ Amazon Espana)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 (w/o ODD) MicroATX Mid Tower Case (€96.45 @ Amazon Espana)
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE GOLD 750 V2 FULL MODULAR 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€85.59 @ Amazon Espana)
Total: €1254.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-11 15:18 CEST+0200

Oct 9, 2022
If you need to buy a monitor and Windows, they will take a big chunk out of your budget.

Unless you have a strong reason, I'd go with 12th generation Intel instead of 11th.

Ideally...avoid spinning hard drives. But capacity requirements and budget may require one.

Thanks for the answer! Unfortunatelly, I don't know much about computers, so I'd need a bit more help than that or I'd probably screw it up somewhere :ROFLMAO:

Here's my entry but there's definitely room to play with on the suggestions towards the build and perhaps cut down on some things;
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor (€178.95 @ Coolmod)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L RGB V2 65.59 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€73.98 @ Amazon Espana)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (€173.02 @ Amazon Espana)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (€126.08 @ Amazon Espana)
Storage: Crucial P2 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€45.99 @ Amazon Espana)
Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€182.25 @ Amazon Espana)
Video Card: XFX Speedster SWFT 210 Radeon RX 6600 8 GB Video Card (€292.00 @ Amazon Espana)
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 (w/o ODD) MicroATX Mid Tower Case (€96.45 @ Amazon Espana)
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE GOLD 750 V2 FULL MODULAR 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€85.59 @ Amazon Espana)
Total: €1254.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-10-11 15:18 CEST+0200

Looks pretty good! Would it be possible to use only one ssd instead of two? I feel like with 1tb ssd I'd have enough. I also need to buy a monitor, so I'd need to cut down on that price for sure...

KyaraM

Admirable
I would go with an i5-12400 and an MSI Pro B660M-A mainboard. Very potent gaming CPU at a fair price. With all the other parts as recommended above:
https://es.pcpartpicker.com/list/jnsGtn

Better CPU, a couple bucks cheaper than the system above at 1223.28€ in Spain. If you can live without RGB, you can save money on the RAM (there is the same model without RGB) and a budget air cooler like the BeQuiet! Pure Base 2.

Thanks for the answer! Unfortunatelly, I don't know much about computers, so I'd need a bit more help than that or I'd probably screw it up somewhere :ROFLMAO:

If you want an Intel CPU, consider the i3-12100 as a low to middle starting point. Possibly graduate up to the i5-12400 if budget allows.

I assume you need to buy Windows.

I'd get Windows 10 Home from a known legit dealer in your country. Amazon is usually reliable IF I say IF you buy DIRECTLY from Amazon itself, rather than from another vendor that sells THROUGH Amazon. You need to identify who is reliable wherever you are.

You should NOT need Windows 10 Pro edition. Go for the Home edition.

Drives...you have to come to some conclusion about how much drive capacity you will ultimately need. If that is 500 GB total, you probably would just get a single SSD. But if you need 4 times that much (2 TB), you may be forced by budget to get a standard spinning hard drive (HDD, not SSD). Games can get very large..so beware and plan accordingly if games are your primary purpose.

Lutfij

Titan
I personally get 2 SSD's on any build, one for the OS/app's/launchers and the other, larger, SSD acting as the game library. I don't create partitions on SSD's either, meaning one SSD, one drive. The OS drive can be smaller, for sure, but with the prices I was seeing on PCPartPicker with respect to your region, the 500GB Crucial P2 was actually cheaper than the 250GB version. Another thing to note, if you do end up formatting and reinstalling your OS, there's practically zero chances of you formatting the wrong drive if you have less drives/partitions to worry about. Like I said, you can tweak or tune the build I've listed above, if you replace the motherboard and processor, you end up with an Intel build.

:)

Reactions: KyaraM
Oct 9, 2022
Thank you tons for all the suggestions! I've come up with this: https://es.pcpartpicker.com/list/GNQ4wc

What do you guys think? I'd still need some advice on:
  • SSD: I feel like a 1tb ssd would probably be enough and the budget is kinda tight (I've been using a 1tb hard drive for the last 6 years and never needed more space than that). I chose that one, but I don't know if it's alright or not.
  • RAM: I don't really care much about RGB, so if there's a cheaper equivalent option without the RGB that would be perfect.
  • PSU: The warnings says it exceeds the recommended length of the case, are you guys sure it will fit?
  • Monitor: I picked that one because basically because it was the cheapest, 1920x1080 144Hz monitor I saw, but I'd like to get you guys' opinion.

KyaraM

Admirable
Thank you tons for all the suggestions! I've come up with this: https://es.pcpartpicker.com/list/GNQ4wc

What do you guys think? I'd still need some advice on:
  • SSD: I feel like a 1tb ssd would probably be enough and the budget is kinda tight (I've been using a 1tb hard drive for the last 6 years and never needed more space than that). I chose that one, but I don't know if it's alright or not.
  • RAM: I don't really care much about RGB, so if there's a cheaper equivalent option without the RGB that would be perfect.
  • PSU: The warnings says it exceeds the recommended length of the case, are you guys sure it will fit?
  • Monitor: I picked that one because basically because it was the cheapest, 1920x1080 144Hz monitor I saw, but I'd like to get you guys' opinion.
I think it looks like a solid system! About the PSU... I'm honestly not sure...