Advice for a high quality gaming monitor. I can't find one that suits the following requirements

Zilounay

Commendable
May 30, 2016
Hi everyone :)

I've been reading a lot recently, because I'm trying to find the monitor that suits me, and I've had a lot of trouble deciding which I should get. Here is what I'm looking for :

- Should be between 24 & 27 inches. I don't really care if the perfect match is 24, but I'd like a 27 if I can.

- Must be of a high refresh rate. I've read 120hz is decent, and everywhere I've looked they're either 60Hz or 144Hz. So i'll go for 144Hz, not 60.

- Must have a decent delay, between 1 & 5ms. Currently mine has 5ms and I'm completely fine with it. But again, I'd rather have it at 1ms.

- Should/Must be G-Sync. I actually couldn't find what GSync really offers in terms of improvements. I've read that it is super-awesome for screentearing and refresh rate, but isn't what the 144Hz are here for? Anyway, I have a GTX970, so I'd rather have an Nvidia-friendly monitor, hence the GSync approach. Also I've read that Gsync handles the improvements in the hardware of the monitor instead of increasing the load on the GPU, which I guess if better for the card/temperature/allocation of tasks. Unless someone can convince/explain me out of it.

- Must be of 2K resolution. I've been using 1920*1200 for 4 years now, and It's getting old. Everyone says 4K is so good you can't return to HD once you've tried it. Sadly 4K won't run at 144Hz right now, and I don't think I need 4K for gaming anyway. I'll settle with 2K, still far better, still runs fast, I'd really like a 2K monitor. I'm saying 2K but I think the real term is... QHD? Is that correct? Unless someones has a constructive & convincing argument for me to stay at HD resolution.

- Since it for gaming mostly, I believe I want an TN panel (from what I've read here and there, they're faster than IPS and other technologies around). Though I'm pretty sure no manufacturer would build a 144hz monitor with a panel that can't handle the refresh rate.

- I'm ready to spend a maximum of ~900$, but I don't think that much will be necessary. If you do find what I'm looking for outside this price range, please share it. I'd rather have too choice information to work with rather than not enough, so please, do not consider budget in your responses, I'll handle that myself.

- I'm in Belgium, Europe and I could not care less where the monitor comes from, as long as I get the quality I'm expecting. Also, some kind of return/warranty/insurance policy against manufacture defects, like dead pixels and break during delivery.

- This would be my main monitor, I already have a 24'' HD secondary. Mostly for gaming or video editing.

- I do not have any brand preference. Though I'm 100% determined to have a high quality, long lasting monitor. I'd rather spend a few extra $ to have something decent, in all levels.

- I'm only buying one of these, for a total of 2 monitors on my GTX970, which can pretty much handle all ports (HDMI, DVI, DP). I'm planning on bringing my third monitor from work, back home, so I can have the "nice" one in the middle. I'm hoping my GPU can handle that, from what I can gather I think it should be fine. Obviously since I'll be running 144Hz, the display port will be for the main screen, others can run on HDMI or DVI, it's not really important to me.

I've found almost-perfect monitors at BenQ, but they never fit all the requirements, and it's always something pretty big, like "FreeSync", which is like a massive feature from what I've read. The Predator is also pretty good but is incurved (which isn't that necessary, is it?), a bit too big (21:9 for 35''), and a bit overpriced.

Anyway, my question is :

Does this kind of monitor exist? Or do I have to sacrifice one of my bullet points? If so, which one would you advise to get rid of ? Resolution? Gsync?

Thank you very much for taking the time it took to read this, I'm really looking forward to your answers. If you need any help in C# or iOS development, I'm happy to return the favor :)

Solution
How many of your boxes does this tick off?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-90lm00u0b01370
SCREEN SIZE
27"
RECOMMENDED RESOLUTION
2560 x 1440
WIDESCREEN
Yes
ASPECT RATIO
16:9
VIEWING ANGLE
170° H x 160° V
DISPLAY COLORS
BRIGHTNESS
350 cd/m²
RESPONSE TIME
1 ms
REFRESH RATE
144Hz
IPS
No
LED
Yes
SUPPORTS G-SYNC
Yes

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PG278Q-Widescreen-Gaming-Monitor-2560x1440/dp/B00LBZLIXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464624170&sr=8-1&keywords=Asus+ROG+SWIFT+PG278Q+144Hz+27.0%22+Monitor

Garilia

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014
How many of your boxes does this tick off?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-90lm00u0b01370
SCREEN SIZE
27"
RECOMMENDED RESOLUTION
2560 x 1440
WIDESCREEN
Yes
ASPECT RATIO
16:9
VIEWING ANGLE
170° H x 160° V
DISPLAY COLORS
BRIGHTNESS
350 cd/m²
RESPONSE TIME
1 ms
REFRESH RATE
144Hz
IPS
No
LED
Yes
SUPPORTS G-SYNC
Yes

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PG278Q-Widescreen-Gaming-Monitor-2560x1440/dp/B00LBZLIXG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464624170&sr=8-1&keywords=Asus+ROG+SWIFT+PG278Q+144Hz+27.0%22+Monitor

Solution

TRENDING THREADS