[SOLVED] Advice for a reliable back up HDD

Chris Beast

Honorable
Apr 13, 2014
Since i got a ransomware attack last month, I need a new reliable HDD preferably 4TB. I am between the WD RED 4TB (WD40EFAX) and the Seagate Barracuda 4TB (ST4000DM004). Its pretty confusing on which one to choose because based on backblaze, for the money, these are the best, but a lot of people suggest to stay away from Seagate and there was a contoversy with this WD red model about nas usage. I just need reliability and also I will not access the drive on a daily basis.

Solution
Since i got a ransomware attack last month, I need a new reliable HDD preferably 4TB. I am between the WD RED 4TB (WD40EFAX) and the Seagate Barracuda 4TB (ST4000DM004). Its pretty confusing on which one to choose because based on backblaze, for the money, these are the best, but a lot of people suggest to stay away from Seagate and there was a contoversy with this WD red model about nas usage. I just need reliability and also I will not access the drive on a daily basis.
I've been using both brands for a long time and I think both are good but overall I have had less trouble with Seagate.
I've been using both brands for a long time and I think both are good but overall I have had less trouble with Seagate.

Solution