[SOLVED] Advice for adding a new HDD

Sep 29, 2020
Guys I have an additional hard drive that i want to connect to my pc??
Please give me instructions on how to do so???

Solution
If it's external, just plug it in.

If it's internal, it need 3 things

A 3.5inch mounting, a power sata cable, and a data sata cable.

3.5 inch mounting is self explanatory, just find some screws for the case and put in there.
I suggest always putting in all 6 of the screws for a hard drive, since mounting a hard drive is important for vibrations.

Sata data cable will plug into the motherboard, usually around the bottom left side, and the sata data cable will come straight from the power supply.

3.5 inch mounting is self explanatory, just find some screws for the case and put in there.
I suggest always putting in all 6 of the screws for a hard drive, since mounting a hard drive is important for vibrations.

Sata data cable will plug into the motherboard, usually around the bottom left side, and the sata data cable will come straight from the power supply.

Solution
Sep 29, 2020