[SOLVED] Advice for buying a cheap SATA SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KudaT3rbang

Commendable
Jan 14, 2022
Recently, I bought an old laptop for school. It's an old laptop with a crappy and slow hard drive. I'm planning to change the hard drive to SATA SSD. But I got a tight budget, around 15$-20$. I got some options that fit my budget, that is :
  1. Colorful SL300 SSD 128GB - (approx. 16$)
  2. PNY CS900 120GB SSD - (approx. 16$)
  3. Adata SSD SU650 120GB - (approx. 17$)
Also there is some cheaper option SSD but I don't really know the brand, that is :
  1. Netac N535S SSD 120GB - (approx. 14$)
  2. Memory Ghost Blue Series 128 GB - (approx. 13.5$)
Note :
  • The price is converted from my country currency.
  • I buy these SSD from online store in my country.
Related Information
I will use this laptop to read some E-book/PDF, light browsing and watching videos. I will install Linux mint or similar light distros on it. What should I get?

Any advice would be appreciated! =)

Solution
With any luck at all, it wouldn't matter.

Having said that, I'd lean toward PNY or Adata...only because they are more commonly found in my area and I have slight familiarity with them.

I assume they all have similar warranties and return privileges with your vendor.

Having said that, I'd lean toward PNY or Adata...only because they are more commonly found in my area and I have slight familiarity with them.

I assume they all have similar warranties and return privileges with your vendor.

Reactions: KudaT3rbang
Solution
D

Deleted member 362816

For craps and giggle I had one of the cs900 running on a mining rig About 2 years run times. I also wrote 200tb to it for fun and it survived lol!

Reactions: KudaT3rbang

KudaT3rbang

Commendable
Jan 14, 2022
For craps and giggle I had one of the cs900 running on a mining rig About 2 years run times. I also wrote 200tb to it for fun and it survived lol!

I will buy the PNY one, it cheaper than the ADATA one (1$ different lmao). Both comes with 3 year warranty, so longetivity will be no problemo. Thanks for the advice =D

Status
Not open for further replies.