Question Advice for good CPU Cooling Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakim.homecentra

Honorable
Mar 26, 2018
Hello, I would like to search for a new cooling fan for my CPU, preferably a tower cooler instead of a liquid cooler.

My PC case is the Be Quiet Pure Base DX 1500, which comes with 3 Pure Wings 2 fans. I have also added 2 case fans, specifically the Noctua NF-A14, which has helped reduce the temperature of my GTX 1070 Ti by 3% to 8% Celsius under load when playing PC games.

However, my CPU temperature consistently reaches 70-75 degrees Celsius, and sometimes even close to 80 degrees when the ambient temperature gets hot while playing PC games. Therefore, I am looking to purchase a good CPU cooler for my PC.

Here are my PC specifications:

• Case: Be Quiet Pure Base DX 1500
  • PC Fans: 3x Pure Wings 2 (1 in the back for exhaust, 2 on the top for exhaust)
  • PC Fans: 2x Noctua NF-A14 (placed on the front for intake)
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 Ti 8GB
  • CPU Cooler: AMD Stock
My budget for the CPU cooler is around $100 to $150.

The case will take coolers up to 190 mm tall....which would mean virtually any cooler will fit.

Top of the line would be something like Noctua D15, but I'm not sure you need that. 80 when gaming generally isn't considered to be highly alarming.

Reactions: hakim.homecentra
D

Deleted member 2838871

Noctua D15 is what I run with... but I hear the Peerless Assassin is a nice low cost option.

Reactions: hakim.homecentra

hakim.homecentra

Honorable
Mar 26, 2018
The case will take coolers up to 190 mm tall....which would mean virtually any cooler will fit.

Top of the line would be something like Noctua D15, but I'm not sure you need that. 80 when gaming generally isn't considered to be highly alarming.

Cool, seems like everyone is recommending Noctua D15.
for reference at what temperature I need to be cautious?

for reference at what temperature I need to be cautious?

I think above 80 when gaming is fairly common.

Any halfway decent cooler is going to knock down temps a lot compared to AMD stock, so I'd say you don't need the D15 if budget is an issue.

It is excellent. But it is large, heavy, and relatively expensive.

You could consider a smaller Noctua like the U12S or the U14S or the Peerless Assassin mentioned above.

D

Deleted member 2838871

For reference...

ko4GlZ8.jpg

hakim.homecentra

Honorable
Mar 26, 2018
guys. after seeing many review, there actually many video shows
I think above 80 when gaming is fairly common.

Any halfway decent cooler is going to knock down temps a lot compared to AMD stock, so I'd say you don't need the D15 if budget is an issue.

You could consider a smaller Noctua like the U12S or the U14S or the Peerless Assassin mentioned above.

hmm fair enough, I think I will take a look at those cooler review first

D

Deleted member 2838871

I been looking many review and it seems D15 lose in some cases on NH-U12A
much cheaper yet more performance than D15. what a game changer

All depends on what reviews you are looking at. Noctua has been an industry leader for years... and the D15 is widely regarded as the best air cooler available.

I had no problem paying $120 for it based on their reputation... customer service... performance... and the fact I will never need to buy another air cooler again because future bracket upgrades will be free.

It's a win all the way around.

I'm sure the Peerless Assassin is great. I've heard a lot of good things about it. Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.