Question Advice for GPU and Motherboard

May 31, 2019
Hi,

I am looking to Upgrade my Graphics Card, I currently have a Zotac GTX 1060 Mini and I'm going to be upgrading to a EVGA GeForce RTX 2070

However, I'm unsure as to if this card will fit with my motherboard or not.

The motherboard that I currently have is the Gigabyte H110M-S2H Micro ATX Motherboard

My PSU is the Cooler Master 600W ATX Power Supply MasterWatt Lite which has 2 x PCI-E 6+2-pin
and the RTX 2070 takes one 6-pin and one 8-pin power cable, so am I correct in being able to connect the 6+2 pin to fit the 8 pin slot, and then just connecting the 6 pin to the 6 slot of the graphics card.

I have checked the space in my case and I have more than enough room so that wouldn't be an issue, just confused on if I need to have a Mini Graphics card since my motherboard is a Micro ATX, or if this normal size RTX 2070 will fit.

Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated!

Ma

My PSU is the Cooler Master 600W ATX Power Supply MasterWatt Lite which has 2 x PCI-E 6+2-pin
and the RTX 2070 takes one 6-pin and one 8-pin power cable, so am I correct in being able to connect the 6+2 pin to fit the 8 pin slot, and then just connecting the 6 pin to the 6 slot of the graphics card.

YES. That will work. There are no separate 8-PIN PCI-E/PEG connectors. Kindly change/upgrade your PSU as well, if possible. That's not a very good PSU, a very low-end unit. What's the size of your current ATX cabinet ? If it lacks enough room, then you need to look for some MINI GPU variants, of the RTX 2070.

Some of the RTX 2070 Models are pretty huge in length as well:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-2070.c3252

Last edited:
May 31, 2019
YES. That will work. There are no separate 8-PIN PCI-E/PEG connectors. Kindly change/upgrade your PSU as well, if possible. That's not a very good PSU, a very low-end unit. What's the size of your current ATX cabinet ? If it lacks enough room, then you need to look for some MINI GPU variants, of the RTX 2070.

Some of the RTX 2070 Models are pretty huge in length as well:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-2070.c3252

Very pleased to hear this!

I'm glad you also mentioned about the PSU since I was looking to upgrade it aswell, do you know of any top end ones you would be able to recommend.

The size is (D) 370 x (W) 180 x (H) 410mm

The GPU Max Length it supports is 370mm and the EVGA RTX 2070 is 269.83 mm so no issues there

I'm glad you also mentioned about the PSU since I was looking to upgrade it aswell, do you know of any top end ones you would be able to recommend.

What's your budget for the PSU, and where are you located/country ? I would recommend you to get the following PSU models and brands. These are high quality units. Look for similar SKUs.

SEASONIC PRIME, and Prime Ultra, or FOCUS Plus GOLD, Focus Plus Platinum.

CORSAIR AXi, RMi, RMx 550/650W, SF, HX 2017, HXi.

FSP - Hydro PTM 550/650W.

Cooler Master - MasterWatt Maker MiJ, V series 550/650W.

Antec - High Current Pro, High Current Platinum, Earthwatts Pro Gold, HCG Gold.

Super Flower - Leadex Gold II.

be Quiet! - Dark Power Pro 11, Straight Power 11, Dark Power Pro P10.

EVGA -Supernova G1+, GQ, P2, T2, G2, B2, BQ =>750.

May 31, 2019
What's your budget for the PSU, and where are you located/country ? I would recommend you to get the following PSU models and brands. These are high quality units. Look for similar SKUs.

My budget would be around £200 and I'm from the UK, would you say 650w is enough or would I need a higher watt PSU

May 31, 2019

Would this be any good?

EVGA 750 Watt GQ 80+ Gold Hybrid Modular ATX PSU/Power Supply

It's priced at £94 and looks to be a good upgrade

Would this be any good?

EVGA 750 Watt GQ 80+ Gold Hybrid Modular ATX PSU/Power Supply

It's priced at £94 and looks to be a good upgrade

YUP, that's a very good PSU. You can buy this model. No worries here. Also, 650 Watts high quality PSU would be enough for an RTX 2070 system, since Nvidia recommends a min 550 Watts PSU.

QUALITY of the PSU is more important, than Wattage number alone.

Reactions: Cassie_rxx

TRENDING THREADS