[SOLVED] Advice for new CPU

Jul 8, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have an question, i want to upgrade my CPU.

Current conf:
Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
Ryzen 3 2200g
2x8gb fury ddr4 3200 cl16

the CPU is overloaded on normal tasks. In games its terribly bad.
due to GPU prices i decided to upgrade CPU only for now.

Mostly playing EFT (which is CPU dedicated game) and because of bottleneck i think best AM4 CPU for me is Ryzen 5 3600 ?
Any other advice?

Solution
Problem u mentioned, i never heard that, why mobo and cpu affect Windows in anyway?

Windows 10 is tied both to a hardware ID and can be tied to your MS account. So, when you install it (for instance) on a local account the activation is tied to the specific hardware. In particular changing a motherboard is a significant system change and will often result in the Windows install not recognizing the (hardware ID of the) system it was installed on and your digital license will not authenticate.

According to the key "type" you can often tie the activation of your Windows to your Microsoft account and thus have another way to verify activation. This typically does not work or requires a "call" to MS when it's an OEM (prebuilt) system.
Hello everyone,

I have an question, i want to upgrade my CPU.

Current conf:
Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
Ryzen 3 2200g
2x8gb fury ddr4 3200 cl16

the CPU is overloaded on normal tasks. In games its terribly bad.
due to GPU prices i decided to upgrade CPU only for now.

Mostly playing EFT (which is CPU dedicated game) and because of bottleneck i think best AM4 CPU for me is Ryzen 5 3600 ?
Any other advice?
Where do you live at? What's your budget and your motherboard right now?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Type "System Information" in a search box and the window will have information about your hardware. If that doesn't work readily for you, CPU-Z is a handy tool for a variety of information.

I honestly feel like the 3600 would be a smart choice almost regardless of the current motherboard. Changing to a whole other motherboard (and CPU) could cause problems with your Windows activation.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Jul 8, 2021
Type "System Information" in a search box and the window will have information about your hardware. If that doesn't work readily for you, CPU-Z is a handy tool for a variety of information.

I honestly feel like the 3600 would be a smart choice almost regardless of the current motherboard. Changing to a whole other motherboard (and CPU) could cause problems with your Windows activation.
Problem u mentioned, i never heard that, why mobo and cpu affect Windows in anyway?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador

Windows 10 is tied both to a hardware ID and can be tied to your MS account. So, when you install it (for instance) on a local account the activation is tied to the specific hardware. In particular changing a motherboard is a significant system change and will often result in the Windows install not recognizing the (hardware ID of the) system it was installed on and your digital license will not authenticate.

According to the key "type" you can often tie the activation of your Windows to your Microsoft account and thus have another way to verify activation. This typically does not work or requires a "call" to MS when it's an OEM (prebuilt) system.

Solution