[SOLVED] Advice for replacing the integrated wifi card on the B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI (1.0)

kfitz

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2014
Hello, As that title suggests I could use some advice on replacing the wifi card on my motherboard. I've seen instructions on how to successfully remove an integrated wifi card and believe I could do so, although my main concern is weather replacing the card is a good idea to begin with and also finding a suitable replacement that has the same form factor as the original card.

Does anyone know the precise card/form factor used on that motherboard, and weather replacing it will be more hassle than it's worth? I assume it's form factor is M.2 2230 although i can't find any precise info on the boards specifications so want to be sure before buying a new card.

While i can't use a PCIe card due to the limitations of my motherboard, I'd be open to using a Usb wifi card instead if that would be more practical.

The main reason i'm looking to replace the card is that the inbuilt card has no drivers that are compatible with windows 7 and I don't feel to inclined to switch operating systems if i don't have to.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS