Question Advice for Ryzen 5 2600

Jun 25, 2022
Im about to start animation school and Im wondering if I have a good graphics card for my processor (and processor as well) I have a RX 570 4GB and I want to upgrade to a better Card but I’m afraid of bottleneck. Could someone recommend me what it’s the best option? Whether if it’s stay the same, upgrade parts, etc.

Btw I have 16GB of ram if it any helps

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The 2600 is certainly still a relevant CPU and the RX 5xx line of GPU have performed very well. They are both aging, and certainly the GPU at this point...

The first thing to know would be what manner of programs will you be using and what specs are they requiring or recommending to use them?

According to your motherboard, you may be able to update the CPU all the way into 5xxx. Adding a GPU (on modern hardware) typically requires no more than making sure it fits the case and that you have an appropriately powered PSU along with proper cabling. That is to say that chances are pretty good that no manner what the software requires you are likely in a good place to scale your build to any requirement.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Im about to start animation school and Im wondering if I have a good graphics card for my processor (and processor as well) I have a RX 570 4GB and I want to upgrade to a better Card but I’m afraid of bottleneck. Could someone recommend me what it’s the best option? Whether if it’s stay the same, upgrade parts, etc.

Btw I have 16GB of ram if it any helps
The school should be recommending the PC specks for the class. Depends on the program/ programs you will be using.

Jun 25, 2022
The 2600 is certainly still a relevant CPU and the RX 5xx line of GPU have performed very well. They are both aging, and certainly the GPU at this point...

The first thing to know would be what manner of programs will you be using and what specs are they requiring or recommending to use them?

According to your motherboard, you may be able to update the CPU all the way into 5xxx. Adding a GPU (on modern hardware) typically requires no more than making sure it fits the case and that you have an appropriately powered PSU along with proper cabling. That is to say that chances are pretty good that no manner what the software requires you are likely in a good place to scale your build to any requirement.

My PSU is 750W and the programs will be Autodesk related and Houdini perhaps, so about it. I’ve seen some cards but they’re 1060ti, or 590, smh like that. But I’m curious to know if the sites tell me just because the price/performance thing or because it really bottle necks if i put; let’s say, a 3060ti

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/supp...oCAD-2022-including-Specialized-Toolsets.html

Maybe that will give more info but possibly not much. As far as upgrade paths, what motherboard do you have? Even my Asrock b350 board has an update showing that I can upgrade to a ryzen 5000 series cpu, so I could grab a ryzen 5700x for example, which for your application might be good. Your cpu is probably fine for the moment. At least graphics cards are decreasing in price, so it might be a good idea to look at that and upgrade the cpu and ram later.