[SOLVED] Advice / help me choose from 3 RX 5700 cards

Jan 27, 2020
Hello, after my old GPU 980ti has almost died and can' be used anymore for gaming, I'm about to buy myself a new graphic cards that has to be Radeon RX 5700 (not XT) and I need you help.

I've found the following 3 gpus in a local shop, been on sale with the same price and I can't decide.

ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX5700-O8G-GAMING
ASUS TUF 3-RX5700-O8G-GAMING probably not this
SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 5700 8G GDDR6

I like Strix the most which has to be the most-expensive out of the 3 when not in sale and also good-looking. However, I'm getting different opinions in favor of the Pulse which seems to have the best cooling system performance although it's not an OC version of the card.

What do you guys think?
Should I go for the lights and stuff (ASUS is a quality brand etc. etc. I've had ASUS cards before and they are good in general) or go for the "colder" SAPPHIRE card (the local market for used gpus in my country is flooded with Pulses (people have bought them either because sapphire is being the cheapest brand on the market or because they are that good)?

Is cooling so much important and does it provide much long-life compared.. to an overclocked STRIX? Tbh I'm surprised.

Solution
Definetly dont go with the TUF card. I havent heard a single good thing about that card.

Strix cards seem like a hit or miss nowadays, but im unsure about this specific strix card as i dont have any experience with it but what ive heard is that you should stay away from this card aswell.

Pulse seems like the best answer certified good cooling and minimal issues with the card itself when it comes to temps and performance.

I would go with the sapphire pulse 100% and i think you should too
Definetly dont go with the TUF card. I havent heard a single good thing about that card.

Strix cards seem like a hit or miss nowadays, but im unsure about this specific strix card as i dont have any experience with it but what ive heard is that you should stay away from this card aswell.

Pulse seems like the best answer certified good cooling and minimal issues with the card itself when it comes to temps and performance.

I would go with the sapphire pulse 100% and i think you should too

Solution

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hi @dr34mf13ld

Both ASUS & Sapphire are great companies. That being said, I've owned/installed a ton of Sapphire cards over the years (and a few ASUS as well to be fair) and not one has ever failed me. For this reason alone I'd go with the Pulse. Add in the fact that Sapphire is known for their aggressive cooling and that the 5700's tend to run warm, well, the choice is obvious. I'd pick the Sapphire every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Here is a review of the card.

Up until this past Christmas, I had a 1060 6GB since almost day 1 they were released in the US and I'll freely admit that it was the little card that could and frankly awesome, but the difference between it and the 5700 I got is night & day.

Let us know what you end up getting. :)

Jan 27, 2020
Well, I did my own research on the topic with the major issue with cooling on ASUS RX5700 cards and in various forums from reddit to asus to steam (incl. vids on Ytube) people are whining about Strix and TUF having some flaws that ASUS responds "are not manufacturing problem and will see them as individual problems".
So having an unknown lets say 50/50 chance the card will suck or not I'm moving towards the Pulse. The Strix is cool but my MB doesn't even support ARGB so without the "cool stuff" ASUS is no longer the better card in my opinion.

Officially I ordered the Pulse.

Last edited: