advice needed cpu

Gigi27

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
hi folks.i am currently running a i7 3930k on x79-ud3 mobo paired with a 16 gb ddr3 and a gtx 1060.I was looking at ryzen 5 1600, 1600x and ryzen 7 1700 as the rest will be probably out of my budget(i know i will need mobo+ddr4 so that is ok)...I know my i7 is on dead platform but performs really well...My question is...would i see some nice gains with the ryzen cpu mentioned above or simply is not worth the investment and i should wait for another generation of cpu's?

Solution
Well, in part, that would depend on what it is you do with that system of yours.
If you've read the reviews, you will note that i7 excels at gaming and is great at most content creation stuff whereas Ryzen really excels at heavy multitasking and not as well at gaming. (not saying that it is bad either)
Well, in part, that would depend on what it is you do with that system of yours.
If you've read the reviews, you will note that i7 excels at gaming and is great at most content creation stuff whereas Ryzen really excels at heavy multitasking and not as well at gaming. (not saying that it is bad either)

Solution