Advice needed for new build

StarCrasher

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
OK after much research I've come to the following choices on a build I'm doing.

This is my first build and I would like to ensure I'm not overlooking anything. Please let me know what you think.

- Intel Core i7 2600K Quad Core Unlocked Hyperthreading Processor LGA1155 3.4GHZ Sandy Bridge 8MB

- ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Z68 LGA1155 ATX 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2 PCI B3 Motherboard

- Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3.5IN Dual Proc Hard Drive OEM

- OCZ Agility 3 120GB 2.5IN SATA3 Sandforce SF-2281 SSD Solid State Disk Flash Drive

- G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL8-8-8-24 1.5V Memory Kit

- OCZ FATAL1TY Series 750W ATX 24PIN SLI Ready Modular Cables 135mm Red Fan 80+ Bronze Power Supply

- Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Mid Tower Gaming Case 902 ATX 3X5.25 6X3.5 1X2.5 USB 3.0 Audio No PSU

- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT DVD OEM

trishapatel

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
It is important to note a graphics card optimized for games is not the best card for graphics editing. So, while that card certainly will work, if you will be using this computer for a lot of editing on a regular basis, a "workstation" graphics card might be better suited. If this computer will be used for just casual editing every so often, then that graphics card is fine.

funny photos

WhatsYourWish

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

Usage? If is gaming please state what are these games.

StarCrasher

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
I won't be playing very many games or watching any movies. I forgot to mention I'll be taking the GPU from my old computer. I can't remember what kind but it's fairly new and when I played WoW with it the graphics seemed OK to me so to keep costs to a minimum I'm content with that for now.

I will be doing a lot of photo editing/processing with RAW files (I'm a photographer and writer) as well as music processing, ie. MP3 > FLAC > WAV (I'm also an avid music listener and wannabe audiophile). I would be burning a lot of DVDs and eventually blu-rays to play on my blu-ray player hooked up to my TV. I already have a DVD burner and would like to eventually buy a blu-ray burner.

I will also be doing a lot of multitasking with various programs as I like to have a lot of things open at the same time and switch in between them. I'm starting an IT program in college this September which will include a bit of computer programming.

If I do get back into gaming it will just be a bit of WoW and like I said the graphics card I have seems to be OK for me so hopefully I don't need to buy a new one.

Thanks everyone for your help! :)