TL-WDN4800
Windows 10
i5-4590 @ 3.30GHz
R9 290

ISP: AT&T DSL 24/2.4 Max Turbo
2 Roku (one wireless and another wired)
1 laptop
1 PC

I live in a 1440 sq ft condo, the router is upstairs, and my PC is in the dining room downstairs. It probably goes through 2-3 walls to get to my PC from the router. The speeds that i'm getting are around 1 Mbps down to 10 Mbps down. It fluctuates a lot, but on a good day i can get around 8 Mbps, and on a bad it can be a consistent 0.70 Mbps to 3 Mbps. I was curious as to whether i should buy a better router/modem, power line adapters, or get a better PCI Adapter. Or maybe i should just switch to Cable/Fiber, even though fiber isn't available in my area.

Solution
Wireless has more trouble going vertical than horizontal because of how antenna are designed. ISP routers tend to not be the best but in general your problems are likely your house and maybe your neighbors interfering. A new router will not likely help that.

You will have similar issues with a cable modem/router but I suspect you will get more speed at least at the modem. Many cable companies offer 100m or more lately.

I would try powerline devices. The av2 ones that claim 1200 speed work very well in most houses. For whatever reason the tplink 1200m versions are on sale many times for less than the older slower models and these are some of the top rated devices in many testing sites. You will of course not get anywhere near...
Wireless has more trouble going vertical than horizontal because of how antenna are designed. ISP routers tend to not be the best but in general your problems are likely your house and maybe your neighbors interfering. A new router will not likely help that.

You will have similar issues with a cable modem/router but I suspect you will get more speed at least at the modem. Many cable companies offer 100m or more lately.

I would try powerline devices. The av2 ones that claim 1200 speed work very well in most houses. For whatever reason the tplink 1200m versions are on sale many times for less than the older slower models and these are some of the top rated devices in many testing sites. You will of course not get anywhere near 1200m but you should be easily able to max out your internet connection. There is a tiny possibility that they may not work in your house so buy from a company that takes returns.

Solution